1996 Audi A4 2.6 quattro - £750

Ghosty

Posting this up here on the off chance someone is interested/knows someone that is.
For sale on behalf of Old Man (my dad) is the ghost_family Audi A4. We've had it since July 2015.

1996 Audi A4 2.6 quattro (B5) in Aluminium Silver.
N513FHE for the MOT history. MOT'd til February.
5 owners.
84,000 miles.
5 speed manual, with quattro four wheel drive
2.6E V6 as also seen in the 80/Cabriolet.

The good
17" Antera Style 123 wheels with Audi centre caps, powdercoated last year and no kerbing. 16" alloy spare in boot. No locking wheelnuts as the socket and nuts were well fucked. Wheels are Mercedes Benz RWD fitment (same PCD) with spigot rings. Tyres are good, Contis on the front and Michelins on the back.
The suspension was fucked when we got it so it has Apex 40mm lowering springs and Bilstein shocks all round. The ride is firm.
Interior is in great condition, original Sony rad/cassette works and there's a 10CD changer in the boot.
Sports front seats with lumbar support.
Some bits of bodywork have just been professionally resprayed.
No rust.
We have a boot spoiler with integrated high level brake light (working) that could be included. It's even the right colour!
Works with VAGCOM!

The bad
Sunroof doesn't work.
The front bumper is a bit wonky as a PO drove it into something and fixed it on the cheap (found a picture of it with no lower grilles on Street View!). There's some filler in it and one of the grill trims is held in with self tappers. Bit of overspray here and there behind it.
Rear bumper doesn't quite hold up to close inspection, as if it's been rattlecanned but a passable job was done.
One of the electric mirrors is a different shape to the other one as it needed replacing. Works, though.
Aircon needs a regas.
Old Man bodged the headlights off a facelift model on which required dremelling part of the wings off (old indicator mounts). This is because it needed a headlight, and he couldn't get the correct high-spec ones with integrated front foglights (??) for some reason. It doesn't look awful, but it means there's a front foglight switch on the dash that doesn't do anything. Wiring is still there though iirc so you could lob some driving lights or something on if you were so inclined.
Clutch bearing whines, been doing that all the time we've had it.
Vibration from the driveline at motorway* speeds, suspect a rear diff mount.
It's an Audi.

That's about it. It's a tidy, honest car but it's just not my cup of tea, or the mother's. We don't all fit in it, I can't insure it if I even wanted it, and the mother doesn't drive manuals.
The mother and I want to replace it with an early Volvo 740 (that'd be mine!) - help us make it happen.
Edit: £750 firm.

27823058211_4cf7cb8229_c.jpg

22750642915_c8ab4ed16a_c.jpg

19755138625_7ea9558697_c.jpg

I think it might be slightly overpriced as I sold my A4 collection I think about 3/4 years ago when I went all BMW,

Although my two weren't Quattro or V6 they were quite minty inside and out and both motors only had 50 odd thousand on the clock and I sold my N plate for £500 and my X plate for £850 and both had long mots.

But it's a car I imagine that might sell well during the winter months but I still think you might struggle at that price.post-9282-0-02433800-1501397708_thumb.jpeg

But the earlier B5 cars are better screwed together.

Fantastic cars, my ideal spec - manual V6 with Quattro and cloth. Sorry but most leather seats aren't and they go grim with age.

However at that money it would need to be properly properly mint and original which this isn't.

And don't sell the Rover. It's yours, you own it, it's legal to leave it on the road if it bothers him having it on the drive.

People only act the cunt when you let them. Drifting massively off topic but move out man. In done it when I was 17 and couldn't afford to wipe my own arse for a while but best move of ever.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A4-2-8L-quattro-4dr-1997-B5-model-/332216244540?hash=item4d59a1993c%3Ag%3AKiMAAOSw~y9ZBHyg&nma=true&si=Wm0djlLOZQvqeVpmLhiL8bB7vVg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This is a good comparison.

This is ours, now on eBay and C&C:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152643266924?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Values seem to be all over the place, a lot of the cheap ones are a bit shonky though. This is clean for the most part (I took the pictures this morning!).

It's a 21 year old family saloon, with scruffy bumpers and a thirsty petrol lump. No disrepect, but it's never, ever going to pull £1k. I sold my immaculate old T plate B5 A4 Avant which had the bombproof old 1.9 'tdi lump around three years back for sub £1k. Even the Polish Deutsch car hunters have moved onto B6's now.

As for keeping your Rover, are you man or mouse?!

Regarding the Rover, I have a plan that basically involves fucking about and leaving it on the drive for ages (where a 740 etc won't fit as my mum won't be able to get her MCS out of the garage). Probably end up on SORN for a bit until I have the cash to get FJ to put it on a classic policy or something. 

It has 2 months of MOT left and needs welding so until I get that sorted it's barely worth selling, even if I do the exterior's still scruffy and it'd only be a £350/400 car. Mechanicals might be A1 but the body lets it down a bit.

No offence taken by the price comments, chaps - I have to price it as I do to keep the grumpy git happy lest we end up stuck with a tatty R8 as our family car. He's a tightwad and always has been. I keep telling him he's overvaluing it but I can't get him down as he just starts sulking, then goes and whines at my mum not to let me get anything else. I know exactly what it's worth and I know he'll have to settle for what he can get.

That said I did manage to sell a 2001 Civic 1.4 manual for £800 on eBay a couple of years ago...

Have to be careful or I'm going to be scrabbling round the floor for pennies to get the Rover welded in time for the MOT.

I'm not averse to letting go of it as I can't see myself using it if I get another car, but I sort of don't want to on principle. It's handy to have and not have to worry about scrapes etc too.