320coupe's e36 320i auto

320touring

I've never spotted it I've got to keep a look out for it... There's an old early pog weasel red compact that an elderly gentleman drives that is parked up in Bexhill the driver always gives me a wave when I drive past in mine.

Also there was a tidy looking silver one along the Bexhill road which seemed to be abandoned in a garden for a couple of years but it's now gone, hopefully to a new owner to put back on the road but it's most probably ended up on the bridge.

And thinking about it Dougie I remember seeing your car parked up around Bexhill a few years back (normally just off Devonshire road) as I had a look at it mainly because the colour as I think it's the best colour you can get on a compact and back then the paint was badly faded but you could tell it was a very straight rot free example (it was always covered in bird shite back then)

I really wanted it because of the colour but had to settle for a hellrot example in the end as I never saw another in that colour.

Indeed. I used to see it around the doors a lot when I had my first E36 compact some years ago, and when I went to view my current one I spied it again in Bexhill looking very well. Small world.

It doesn't reside there, but I think my mates have friends/family they visit in the area:) will tell them it has been admired

In other news, this coupe has now passed 4000miles. I may spend some time at the weekend checking the thing over-the-counter what it needs doing if anything

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...