Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Just on tv now..seller in Auckland of two ex Hugh Hefner merc. 600 Pullman'sintervewers question..why are you selling them ?ANSWER...I've got 6 600's and that's about 2 too many 8) They are on the net somewhere for sale.

Ambassador, you are really spoiling us!It is very beige. And what is that elephant's trunk going into the inner wing about?Not my cup of tea, but I do think that a beige Y-reg ambassador could be the ultimate "shite" car. On the other hand, the aircraft-carrier is exactly my kind of thing. Vast, pointless and spectacularly grim. I'd love to roll it. On the list!

The aircraft carrier looks even more rubbish than the one I spotted last year, they look awesome in that condition - one of those cars that doesn't really suit being immaculate IMO.Even looks as if it's starting to snap at the bulkhead - think it's just a visual illusion with that swage line being so straight (probably should have a slight curve to appear straight, but like that trick with columns).Hirst, if you got that Ambassador it would look deeply amusing parked up next to the Galant - both slightly awkward modernisations of cars which once looked quite snazzy.

The aircraft carrier looks even more rubbish than the one I spotted last year, they look awesome in that condition - one of those cars that doesn't really suit being immaculate IMO.Even looks as if it's starting to snap at the bulkhead - think it's just a visual illusion with that swage line being so straight (probably should have a slight curve to appear straight, but like that trick with columns).

If you like your Zephyrs rubbish you'll love this one, it ticks all the boxes.

Hirst, if you got that Ambassador it would look deeply amusing parked up next to the Galant - both slightly awkward modernisations of cars which once looked quite snazzy.

Yeah, they have a very similar appeal to me. The fact that it is a rubbish spec one only increases that lust, I seem to have a thing for stuff at the base end of the market, especially bigger cars.The idea of driving the Ambassador to work fills me with delight. One arm on the windowframe, stringback driving gloves, suit jacket on a hook, crackly disco blaring out of the radio, empty tins of WD40 rolling around in the footwells, clutch down engine revving to keep it from stalling on junctions. What a dream! The Buy It Now price isn't too far off the mark either, it's more than I'd want to pay, but not a great deal more.In conclusion, I will not be drinking any beers tonight.

I was conceived at the same time my old boy owned a metallic gold example. I didn;t stand a shite related chance!!!

I remember being ferried through the fog with Eric Claptons 'Layla' blaring out the stereo radio cassette player. It was a Soundhog brand tape. Posted Image Marvellous 8)[/img]

I really like those Carina IIs. My great-uncle had two - an E-plate similar to the above, preceded by a B-plater in that awful two-tone bronze and brown they did.He sold the first one to my uncle to replace his ex-driving school (I kid you not - still had the dual controls) Allegro 3 - he couldn't kill this one with mechanical ineptitude, but it rusted to nothing. Got replaced by a Carina E then an Avensis though, so he ended up on the right track.