Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

I'm "cross-posting" this, because for £150-ish it is ludicrously cheap and also RWD for all your TITE DRIFTIN RWD NOT AE86 type action.

Posted Image

http://retrorides.proboards86.com/index ... 1202550973

Please excuse my ignorance chaps, but on any post where "Driftin" is mentioned, "AE86" is too. What is an "AE86" exactly.... :oops:

Please excuse my ignorance chaps, but on any post where "Driftin" is mentioned, "AE86" is too. What is an "AE86" exactly.... :oops:

AE86 is the Toyota code name for the last model RWD Corolla coupe. They are extremely popular for drifting due to their light weight and the possibility of fitting daft engines, and as such they now make absurd amounts of money for what they are, particularly in Ireland.

Here's a pic of one:

Posted Image

And with the drifting craze, people started listing all sorts of RWD stuff and put "NOT AE86" in the eBay auction title and banged on about how it would be great at drifting, regardless of what it was. e.g. that beige Celica ST automatic (!) on recently.This in turn spawned into a bit of a joke, that anything RWD (particularly stuff that would be useless at drifting) should be mentioned as "NOT AE86" and "GREAT 4 DRIFTIN". Nissan Laurels, Morris Itals, Mazda 929s, etc.All a laugh really!

And with the drifting craze, people started listing all sorts of RWD stuff and put "NOT AE86" in the eBay auction title and banged on about how it would be great at drifting, regardless of what it was. e.g. that beige Celica ST automatic (!) on recently.This in turn spawned into a bit of a joke, that anything RWD (particularly stuff that would be useless at drifting) should be mentioned as "NOT AE86" and "GREAT 4 DRIFTIN". Nissan Laurels, Morris Itals, Mazda 929s, etc.All a laugh really!

A Morris Ital is not usless as a drifting tool :lol::wink:

It's not even just applicable to RWD stuff. Attempting to sell a bland fwd hatch will still result in questioning lines of "HI M8 IS IT RWD N E GUD 4 DRIFTN"Unless of course it is an estate or 4x4, when DRIFTN can be substituted for DOGGING.Oh, aren't we whacky.

The Peugeot 505 Turbo is certainly GREAT 4 DRIFTIN if this video is to be believed. A lot of wanky editing at the start but it's worth watching if only for the bit at the end where they take the radiator cap off. In another of this guy's videos you can see the car's done 610000km, nearly 380k miles.

AE86 is the Toyota code name for the last model RWD Corolla coupe. They are extremely popular for drifting due to their light weight and the possibility of fitting daft engines, and as such they now make absurd amounts of money for what they are, particularly in Ireland.

And the weird thing is that I can't remember the last time I saw one on the road here, but if you look in the Auto Trader any week there are dozens for sale... :roll::roll:

I replaced an engine on one of these Rovers after it had taken water in. I snapped a driveshaft on the road test aferwards!!!!! Now that's powerful! The driveshaft was replaced, and the guy scrapped it 6 months later and bought a PUNTO! It would have made a great stealth motor.....Still,one of my neighbours has a L plate coupe single cam version, had it since new....He's nearly 90, so I may get it gifted soon........

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-TOYOTA-CELIC ... 0208440641

So it's a Celica then? :roll:

Still, a good combo of style/speed/Japness/low price.

That is such a shit heap I cant believe it. Vegtronic box, gold hammerite on the sills and arches and trailer reg plate letter 'graffix'...... £350? If I owned a scrapyard and he turned up with that i'd tell him to f**k off.

Hey I know i'll shine my camera into the sun.

Posted Image

But:

Posted Image

Can't afford samco hoses? No probs just paint your ordinary ones.

Posted Image

Inviting. Shutting the glovebox lid and moving his pop bottles was too much for this guy. Is that a DIY centre console?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160205873614

This did not get a single bid at £99, presumably cos he's put a reserve on it and theres a laughable 495 price in one of the pics. Hope it doesnt get weighed.