Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Depends where you go, I think. There's still a few parts counters lurking at former dealer franchises, I got some bits from Martins of Winchester for my 820. At least with 185k miles up that KV6-engined example has probably had the head gaskets done...

yes many of those coronas still in aust. - but i think most used the holden 'starfire' four not a toyo motor. they are fairly tough cars too.

I read that Toyota were so upset at the quality of those engines supplied by Holden that they pulled out of the deal early, but not before they re-engineered loads of the motor. It apparently reintroduced Toyota owners to oil leaks!They put that 1.9L engine in the Commodore for a couple of years - I reckon one so equipped with auto and air is probably one of the more grim automotive experiences, on a par with a Mk2 Cavalier 1300 auto probably.

Future shite 2000 Rover 75 for £900 BIN... high mileage but seems fairly cheap to me?

Posted Image

it's the mileage that has made this so cheap - if it was around the 80-100k mark it would probably make about £1750-£2000, even on the 'bay. Diesels are worth considerably made than petrol 75s due to the supposedly unbreakable BMW engines. Plus the petrol V6s are not very economical!

Parts supply for Rovers is OK, 'X part' has nearly everything you need. The only real problems are for the facelifted cars on the facelifted parts - bumpers, lights etc. Not much stock was ever made for these cars and there are too few cars around to make pattern part making worthwhile.

600s and 800s are worth absolutely nothing now. Mind you 800s have been worth sod all since about 2000!

I think he means there's a mint underneath - Dropped it while sitting in the drivers seat, fell through a hole in the floor :?

In all seriousness, it's being sold by a banger driver and the e-gay link is posted up on banger sites - he probably means it's OK structurally from a banger perspective...I'd love to break that for spares and race it if it wasn't so far away from me - they are the absolute bollocks!