Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

To be honest for the price it is quite fair, the rust is about average. My bonnet edge is like that, it's a known rot spot, it happens from the inside! Very crunchy underneath when I lift it up. Expect the underside and insides of arches to be a bit speckly too, but despite the lack of rust protection they're not really rot boxes. The panels (apart from bonnet) and sills should be mint.

One minor point, if you do get it, bear in mind the motorway will be an absolute endurance test, the car can top 100mph easy, the engines are very strong, but fuel consumption is ludicrous if you go at even 70mph, as thanks to the low gear ratios you'll be doing something like 5500rpm. So realistically you want to sit there doing about 55mph, earning yourself near 60mpg but also incredibly boring. Also slightly frightening, you don't really notice the small size of the car until you get onto a motorway and start being blown around by Kia Carens.....

I would wear a helmet before taking the Mira to 100 mph, and write my will. I have seen a Domino or two, a while ago, though those are bigger. Any Daihatsu has a perfectly formed low-key ugliness. I like their looks in a certain way.

Have taken my Mira Classic Turbo 4WD (1 less cylinder, 2 more doors, lashings of fake chrome) to 95mph (on a private road, naturally) and it is pretty frightening. The engine loves it and could easily keep going faster, I dare say the chassis doesn't seem to mind much either, but my nearly 10 years old Bridgestone 155/65R13 tyres weren't as keen!

If anybody is really interested in a Saab 99 2 dr , I know of one that was taken off the road about 2 years ago. However it still starts, runs, moves around, stops etc. Needless to say it has no MOT now. The main reason it wouldn't get another MoT easily was no handbrake (they are drums within a disc on the front, and apprantely very hard to find) and some rust around arches/ end of sills.It passed through one mates hand's onto an acquaintance. I could find out if he wants rid over Christmas. It (may) be available for around £75-100 - whatever the scrap value is.It is TAX EXEMPT as I know that turns you all on. It is toad green inside and out. It is in West Wales (unless its already been cubed).Think it's on a K plate and is a 1972. any interest PM me.

That is absolutely lovely, check the mad dash clocks!

Posted Image

Some interesting features on it too, aircon, adjustable rear air suspension, those slightly ungainly wheels (which are 80s Toyota ones of some description, less centre caps).

Bit of an oddball to be honest, I can't even guess what price it will go for. It should get RWD Toyota Irish-export drift tax, but on the other hand is a Corona just a bit too much of an unknown quantity?

Hope someone snaps it up either way, looks like a top bit of kit. Just promise to change those wheels for me.

Blimey, it says the Corona is in Norwich too! I saw one at a yard 4-5 years ago, they wanted £175 for it with a set of Silvia alloys chucked in. When I went back it had already gone for export, even though they were never worth much to the Africans (wrong engine apparently). They certainly are a quirky spec, nice looking though.

Blimey, it says the Corona is in Norwich too! I saw one at a yard 4-5 years ago, they wanted £175 for it with a set of Silvia alloys chucked in. When I went back it had already gone for export, even though they were never worth much to the Africans (wrong engine apparently). They certainly are a quirky spec, nice looking though.

SL, Marco Galli has also got one of those Corona's sat festering in his yard. It's a silver one, also on a V plate. I think this red one is probably only the third I have ever seen. I'm not big into Toyotas but I think this is a smart looking and very practical car and one I'd happily own. I suspect it might fetch a fair bit or money.

Don't know, but if it helps anyone, I think there's still a few driving round in Australia. So parts might not be as huge a nightmare as first imagined.