Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

sorry double post :oops:

I'll let you off this one seeing as how bloody nice that Avenger is. Stuff like this makes me wish i had even an ounce of knowledge about fixing old cars 'needs brakes and clutch' has '£80/hour labour rates' written all over it for me i'm afraid...

I'll let you off this one seeing as how bloody nice that Avenger is. Stuff like this makes me wish i had even an ounce of knowledge about fixing old cars 'needs brakes and clutch' has '£80/hour labour rates' written all over it for me i'm afraid...
Why?Even a spazzer like me an fix brakes without the result being death.

Drum brakes have made me want to kill other people, when I first learnt about them anyway.Other stuff isnt too complicated, but if you are unsure, take a picture of what it looked like before you decided to take it apart. I dont think that can apply to everything though.

I've nevr so much as put petrol in a car. I don't own any tools. Grew up not knowing my dad so had no DIY experience as a kid (my mum is totally useless at stuff like that) Taking anything apart and 'fixing' it is totally alien to me. i'm sure i'll learn though...

meanwhile, going rapidly on topic, i'd happily buy a spanner set for this little baby

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1988-RENAULT-11-GTL-1-4CC-1-OWNER-FROM-NEW_W0QQitemZ180453999174QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2a03e58246

Drum brakes have made me want to kill other people, when I first learnt about them anyway.Other stuff isnt too complicated, but if you are unsure, take a picture of what it looked like before you decided to take it apart. I dont think that can apply to everything though.

Did I tell the story about my one excursion into drumbrakeville?My Polo failed the MoT on one rear brake goosed, there was too much difference between the rear wheel braking tests.So I drove home via the motorfactors, got a full set of shoes, went home and got my spanners out. Four fugging hours later, it's all back together, but the MoT place is long closed. The next morning, still proud, I drove it to the test station and got a retest. Chap comes through with the certificate, and I just can't help myself... "Brilliant, fixed it myself you know". The guy just laughs at me and tells me I've not made the bad brake better, I've made the good one worse.So now they're balanced.So now it's roadworthy.I vowed never to touch the things again. Discs, piece of pee. Drums are evil.

I'm quite likely to be replacing the front and rear brakes on my Passat this weekend, My trouble is lack of confidence at doing the jobs, even with a Haynes manual in front of me i worry that i might fuck it up and end up making things worse.Hence why I've asked my dad to help me. :oops:

Look at this bad boy!

A Reliant Supervan doesn't have enough wheels?

A Reliant Kitten is just too boring?

What you want is a Reliant Fox!!

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110485718384

I'm not sure if this is really a van or just a pickup with the world's smallest Truckman top :shock:

That Kitten looks familiar. Oh yes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

1983 SUZUKI ALTO

Anyone fancy taken on this bad boy?, It's up in Station's part of the country.

Posted Image

1971 CHRYSLER VALIANT VIP

Now this is proper class, Only one owner from new and look at all the old shite in the background.

that chrysler is about 6 miles from my house, if anyone wants me to go and have a look for them --let me know. :lol:

My essential selection;

Posted Image

Civic

Posted Image

The best car ever

Posted Image

Quantum

Posted Image

Hmm Scooby XT Coupe

Posted Image

And Another

Posted Image

Scruffy Camaro - I really like these 80s Camaro and not because of the Clarkson link either

Posted Image

Turbo Bluey Pre facelift too

Posted Image

309 GTI Maybe a bit rough ?

Posted Image

Pog's new Van

Posted Image

Mazza 323 Still up then "A USED CAR WARRANTY WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE ASKING PRICE." hmmm

Posted Image

Should Suit Hirst Cabs I think ? TBH I wouldn't mind it.

Posted Image

HBL Pizza Turbo Slushbox Don't miss it Wat!

Posted Image

Supra I like these too. That JDM Twin-tubby is probably a better bet tho.

as Pog says, brakes are a doddle, even the clutch is a piece of pish on these....get it and give us your phone number, I'm sure many of us would talk you through it :D