Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

The six pot SD1 would have been a fine car if they hadn't deliberately de-tuned the engines to keep the output below that of the V8 and if they hadn't have had the oil feed blockage problem to the cylinder head (which with modern oils isn't really an issue any more TBH). However the real problem with a 6 pot SD1 is there's no point in having one when you can have a V8. Simple as that. Better noise, more power with virtually no increase in fuel consumption. It's the engine the car was meant to have from the off. I loved my 2300S but it wasn't very reliable and it had the build quality of your average kit car. It was thouroughly enjoyable to drive most of the time though.

V8's sound immense. Hair on the back of your neck kind of thing. The 2.6's sound toss. That is all.

Um, not really. The 2.6 is unreliable as an unreliable thing. Oil pressure problems normally, quickly followed by the camshaft grinding itself into a drumstick. Mine had done under 50k when it first ate a camshaft. It was also gutless and awful on fuel. My V8 Vitesse would average 18 mpg around town, and up to 30 on a run (a figure I didn't believe at first, but it did it regularly) as long as it wasn't driven mentally. My 2600 SE would do 17.5 in town and 23 on a run - if driven incredibly gently. If it was driven at the same rate as the V8 it was 3-4 mpg worse than the V8.

Are there any un-scened passats of this shape left in the UK?

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1981-VOLKSWAGEN-PASSAT-LS-BLUE_W0QQitemZ180456684402

Inline with chavs driving barried Saxo Westcoasts. I hate the 'rat look', especially when it's done as badly on these!

this old girl has served its purpose with my family and is going to be really difficult to part with.

Yeah, part with it, after you've completely fucked it up. The only difficult part is trying to sell it on to someone with a sane mind, and doesn't wear a hood with a stupid side swept fringe and post-ironic clothing. Cunt. To the scrap yard.

Why don't these people leave cars alone, and just keep their scary obsessive trendfollowing to something less destructive and vile.

V8's sound immense.

Hair on the back of your neck kind of thing.

I can understand that, This one drove past me at a show last year with a stainless steel exhaust, it only had 30000 odd miles on the clock and was mint, I nearly jizzed in me pants.

Posted Image

like these fellas then!!

Is it wrong to like these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-SEAT-IBIZA-S ... 3359401905

Still cant work out how to post the pics so advice welcome!

Always liked these since I first went to the Earls Court motorshow in 1987. Didnt hurt that Seat had some VERY attractive women on their stand. Very tempted to bosh in a bid whilst Mrs Parky is away on hols. Be a nice surprise for her when she gets back!

Always liked small square cars like these, Uno's and Pandas

JUST NOTICED ITS A 903cc MODEL FTW. Revvy Fiat engine and probably tiny insurance. Brammy, one for you to put on the watchlist?

Cheers Fred, nice work.

Hows about this? EGAD! It must be just about the last unmodified Mk 1 Renault 5 Turbo in the kingdom!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-RENAULT-5-GT ... 1e59f2ead3

Looks pretty minty but two and a half large with no ticket - bit optimistic? Its hard to say as the last time I saw one of these on the road it looked as if it had spun through a Dimma bodykit factory before impacting with a large drum of neon green paint. What should an unmodified one be worth?

Looks pretty minty but two and a half large with no ticket - bit optimistic?

With an mot it would be worth easily £3-3.5k

So why not just MOT it then?Certainly with MOT I could see £2.5 - £3k ++ if its as good as the description. I'd love to be in a position to buy that and use it very sparingly and keep it garaged in mint condition. Probably worth a good bit more in five or ten years.

I read an interview with David Coulthard who said he had one of these years ago and wished he'd kept it. He also added he was keeping an eye out for a good one so Mr Coulthard if you happen to subscribe to Autoshite, then heres an opportunity.I have to agree with you Lobster, if spending £70 will net an additional £1000, thats a decent return on your investment. Maybe matey hasnt got the confidence to spend another £70 on it.I remember driving one of these back in 1990 when my sisters boyfriend at the time had one as a company car. Proper rocket and comfy too. For some reason he replaced it with a 1600 Sierra, never could understand why.

Cheers Fred, nice work.

Hows about this? EGAD! It must be just about the last unmodified Mk 1 Renault 5 Turbo in the kingdom!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-RENAULT-5-GT ... 1e59f2ead3

Looks pretty minty but two and a half large with no ticket - bit optimistic? Its hard to say as the last time I saw one of these on the road it looked as if it had spun through a Dimma bodykit factory before impacting with a large drum of neon green paint. What should an unmodified one be worth?

Posted Image

I can't follow you around posting your pics indefinitely ya know! :lol:

Jayzus, it gets worst. First the Jedi Cruiser, then the Boyzone Punto, followed by the OFAH Limo and now this.If you cant beat em, join them. I'm off to find the biggest piece of cr*p motor I can find and then I'm going to paint Chico's picture on it. Anyone know how much the plate CH1 COS is gonna set me back?

I'm pretty sure they sold that model of valiant in the US of A too but it would have been badged as a Plymouth. That one is probably a UK market car rather than a private import. A surprising number of Yankee metal was marketed here and in RHD but only small numbers were ever sold. It alwas amuses me how many American cars you see paked up and occasionally in use in stuff like the Sweeney and Minder.