Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Posted Image

R25 2.2 GTX with only 29000 miles and talking dash, doesn't sound over priced at £900

Just had a look on e-bay, and can't see that. Just a year or so back, that would've struggled to make £400. Maybe their value is finally starting to go up.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-VOLKSWAGEN-POLO-SALOON-CLASSIC-DERBY-MKII-MK2_W0QQitemZ220539485235

I had intended to take the car much further i.e. lowering and a flat paint job for a really euro look. I am now regrettably wanting to rehome it as I simply don’t have the space to store it due to a new project.

0.06/10 for originality
When I bought my Polo the advert had a few "euro look, lowered, retro" bits in there. Yes, it might make a great euro look thing but it's also very good at:

1) Being reliable

2) Being cheap

3) Being easy to park

4) Being modern enough to have a heater, disc brakes, heated rear window etc

5) Being a quantum leap in terms of performance and comfort from my bicycle.

Old VW Polos make a lot of sense. Mine's even going great in the snow despite having 7 volts in the battery when it turns over. The one in this ad seems to have bigger wheels which probably makes the ride and handling worse in every respect

Cheers, think that's the same one actually. I would love a Maxi next but it would have to be on the road already and preferably MOT'd, otherwise I'll end up spending too much on parts and repairs once again... the 1980 sunroofed Maxi on C&C keeps winking at me, wish it would stop doing that.

I wonder what the Mayor did in order to get demoted to GL spec! Usually, larger towns like Nottingham would have at least an Exec-spec 3.2 Jag. Imagine the poor chap weighed down in his robes and chains sweating away in the non-airconditioned back seat too embarassed to be seen winding a window down...OK, just re-read it - it's his personal car. Expect he had a 3.2 Sovereign outside the town hall.

It might have been his personal car, but it would have been used for mayoral duties.... you can see where the mascot went on the bonnet, and it's in the same colours as Nottingham's official cars have always been. I remember stretch Mk2 Granadas sitting in the market square, all the same colour.

I Imagine the poor chap weighed down in his robes and chains sweating away in the non-airconditioned back seat too embarassed to be seen winding a window down....

We diddnt need Air con in the 80's because we never had global warming then . We just had the hole in the Ozone layer instead caused by all the hairspray the new romantics in the early 80's used View before you bid :wink: