Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1920s-Bentley-Sty ... 0530845783

Bentley Style Replica Classic Car

The chassis, engine, manual gearbox and running gear originate from a VW Beetle

What on earth?

I couldn't even make something like that up.

I would like to fart up to some 'trendy' DUBBA event in it though, preferably dressed in some not-quite-accurate period costume.

Theres a mad woman and her equally deranged husband down the road who uses a couple those to deliver milk and papers, we got on really well untill I cross threaded a plug and caused her baby to run like a bag of shit.....I got told to fuck off after that.......oooops :)

You want fat rumps do you Bo11?

HAVE THIS:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1981-CADILLAC-Dev ... 0531711509

I would love to waste a stack of cash on something like this.

Gawd, I actually quite like that and fancy cruising up the A1 in it looking like the king of cool. Would be fun to own something with an engine more than ten times the size of the one in the 2CV. Until I needed fuel.

I haven't even made my New Year's Resolution yet but I feel the need to break it already....

Posted Image

My French teacher had one of those (to transport his devout christian lifestyle 10 kids around in)! It did look futuristic then, and still does (only a little more worn out).

Heres another strangely appealing old XJ40.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1989-JAGUAR-SOVEREIGN-3-6-AUTO-BLACK_W0QQitemZ120512440690

I could really fancy buying one of these just for a long shite-spotting road trip down to the mountains of central France or something, purely as a self-indulgent treat for myself this summer. I may allow Ms_Bol to come along as well of course and the stereo would need to be able to take an Ipod. Just imagine wafting along, low-set in those leather chairs, no gears to change, bit of insulation tape over all the multiple flickering warning lights on the dsah, stopping for a petit cafe now and then, going nowhere in particular, just admiring the views. Bliss!

^XJ40's: Go for it! They are so cheap now. The best drives of my life have been transcontinental blasts in the Jag. Once drove from Peterborough to Munich in one go (stopping only for Chunnel and a few piss-breaks). I'm getting mine ready for a 2010 jaunt to southern Italy to buy some crockery, with a return journey via Baune to stock up with Meursault.The 3.6's are fine motors, but you may prefer the later 4.0 ones. No need to pay more than £750 for a really good one with full MoT. You could probably make money on a tat-buying mission by buying one here in UK, and selling it in France where even RHD ones make 3 or 4 times the UK value. Go in the Jag, come back in a Tagora bought with the profits. Repeat with a 604, and again with a Simca van.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1981-HONDA-GREEN_ ... 0508222678

I imagine bowling about in this would be very, very funny.

That's bloody cool. Could the wheels look any smaller?

I dont think anyone on here has got a retro 'micro/Rascal-esque' van, that should change.

Acty's are awesome, cleared the entire railway crossing in one on Gypsy Lane in Marton :lol: you can swap in larger motorbike engines quite easily I'm told :wink:

Posted Image

19000 mile 'rally' Samba

Posted Image

Not the greatest photo's but this Maxi 1750L seems pretty darn cool to me, Got to be one of the last one's as well on a X plate.

Edit just checking on wiki and it said the last Maxi was made in Aug 1981 yet this is a April 82 model?. :?

Not the greatest photo's but this Maxi 1750L seems pretty darn cool to me, Got to be one of the last one's as well on a X plate.Edit just checking on wiki and it said the last Maxi was made in Aug 1981 yet this is a April 82 model?. :?

Just because it was made in 81 it doesn't mean that it would be registered at the same time. It most likely sat at a dealership for a while before being snapped up by some lucky bugger.

Not the greatest photo's but this Maxi 1750L seems pretty darn cool to me, Got to be one of the last one's as well on a X plate.Edit just checking on wiki and it said the last Maxi was made in Aug 1981 yet this is a April 82 model?. :?

Just because it was made in 81 it doesn't mean that it would be registered at the same time. It most likely sat at a dealership for a while before being snapped up by some lucky bugger.
There have been a couple of X reg Imps IIRC that were sat around for a few years until they got bought. As far as i know they were not Jersey imports or out.

Cars don't survive well on the coast, and this is likely to have been driven into the sea to launch boats. I doubt if there will be a single good component. Even the galvanised chassis will be buggered

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190360870448

All is not lost though. Expect this to be fully restored using parts from a 2009 Defender.