Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

This has been spotted by myself and I think Torsten - definitely another member on here anyway.

Nice looking thing but steep at £2500..

Posted Image

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C99574/

What is it with Hondas and autos? I know they had the Hondamatic or whatever, but I dont understand why they were such a popular choice. I suppose not many small cars back then had autos? A lot of the Preludes seem to be auto too unfortunately.

This has been spotted by myself and I think Torsten - definitely another member on here anyway.

Nice looking thing but steep at £2500..

Posted Image

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C99574/

What is it with Hondas and autos? I know they had the Hondamatic or whatever, but I dont understand why they were such a popular choice. I suppose not many small cars back then had autos? A lot of the Preludes seem to be auto too unfortunately.

For a facelift Mk1 four door that's silly money even if it was mint. That's one of the least desirable early Civics too IMO. It's been bashed in the front, has scabby doors and arches and a busted window. What a dreamer!! Also every Mk1 Civic I've had has had the placca still on the door cards. They virtually all seem to!

The Hondamatic is an odd gearbox as it doesn't have gears as such. It's really smooth as it never shifts ratios, it just uses a torque converter. Basically you can manually select high or low ratio, stomp on the pedal and away it goes. Low can be used up to about 50mph but you don't have to bother with it. They're quite a fun auto to drive.

What is it with Hondas and autos?

It's because back in the late 70's & 80's nearly all Hondas were bought by old giffers and auto was a popular choice for them.I worked in a Honda bodyshop and the majority of repairs were for damage caused by shooting forwards or backwards from using the accelerator instead of the brake!

My Civic had placcy door card covers too :D

I don't know what it is about those old Civics, they seem to have the plastic left on the door cards more often than not! I wonder if the dealers told the old biddies to leave it on or something.

When I 'spotted' that Civic, around 18 months ago, it barely looked £500s worth nevermind £2.5k. I do like 'em though.

I like this Sierra too, and seems a bargain in comparison. Very clean looking I reckon although a bit of a high spec for us lot. Another auto unfortunately and a crap advert:

Posted Image

2.0 Ghia

Posted Image

1985 Austin Maestro 1.3 HL

Very smart! Loads of nice low-mileage Maestros coming out of the woodwork lately.

Posted Image

1985 Vauxhall Cavalier SRi

Duel it out with Sierras on the M1.

Posted Image

1976 Chevrolet Caprice

We keep this around the back of Hirst Cabs New Jersey, it doesn't come in very useful for parts, but the drivers often like to lean against it and have a smoke.

Posted Image

1981 Vauxhall Cavalier 2000 GL

What an absolute stunner! Truly beautiful, I'd love it. Look at it, just imagine driving around in it with the window rolled down! It's ace.