Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

would now be a good time to mention this is still on the amby class and as such is tax and MOT exempt?

How can you tell?Was it this sentence on the dvla website"This vehicle can be licensed at a DVLA Local Office without the V5C Registration Certificate" ?And do you think it will be de-ambulancified prior to collection?

Any ambulance remains on the ambulance tax bracket until the DVLA is told otherwise, just the same as any other tax class. The last taxation class change I did was from Disabled to PLG, and I did that at the DVLA itself, as I was giving them money as opposed to getting tax for free I suppose they were happy to make the change, so it's probably the same with ambulance to PLG. Why would you want to though? :lol:You can tell it's still tax exempt (free) as there is no fee given for the road tax when you look up the reg on the DVLA website.

Oooh, liking that. A lot. Though personally, I'd get some less ridiculous wheels and paint it beige.

Liking it too,I'd fit some 15 inch steels & paint it matt black.I'd also fit the leopard print seat covers I had in my last matt black Cortina(Mk 5 2.3 2-door 8) )

How hard is it to get a vehicle onto Ambulance class? If I went out, bought a ratty old Freight Rover, painted "PARALETIC" on the side and stuck a blue lampshade on top with a 20W bulb in it, would the DVLA be happy just to give me a free taxdisc? Or do you need to do all that tedious medical training and wear the OMG ANNEKA RICE jumpsuit?

As for the unscrapping of cars, the DVLA state that it should need a VIC, but as usual they're too busy* to do their job properly so often just skip that bit. I've heard of a few Cat Cs being returned to the road without a VIC too, again on the doovla website it says that it's a requirement. I think they only do it if they think something is suss - if you're returning a written off tax exempt Mk2 Mexico to the road they might want to check it out for the number that go 'missing', but for something more normal - meh.

How hard is it to get a vehicle onto Ambulance class? If I went out, bought a ratty old Freight Rover, painted "PARALETIC" on the side and stuck a blue lampshade on top with a 20W bulb in it, would the DVLA be happy just to give me a free taxdisc? Or do you need to do all that tedious medical training and wear the OMG ANNEKA RICE jumpsuit?

I was told recently (by a private paramedic) it's ridiculously easy to get the ambulance class, or at least it was when he tried it (in Lincolnshire) on a Laguna and a berlingo van. He applied, took the vehicle to the DVLA, they checked the VIN number and the vehicle in front of them against their records, and he got his classification and tax disc. I have to point out (and even he was surprised by this) that although he is qualified to drive and ambulance (medically and advanced driving) he did not need to show any qualifications, even though he had them with him. All he did to the vehicles is fit blue lights and signage, and the van wasn't even finished at the time, inside it didn't even have a stretcher just some extra storage. Both vehicles were PLG taxed and tested at the time of re classification.

This 'rat look' cortina lokos like an appealing way to get around, i imagine it will be a hit with the lasses if nowt else.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1981-FORD-CORTINA-GHIA-BLUE-RAT_W0QQitemZ270491579632

interior looks like a classy place to spend some time as well:

Posted Image

Mmm, i can just picture all the insulating tape and block connectors that have gone into that 'install'! :lol:

Hey a BMW 316 AUTO!!!! The grey paint seems an apt choice for this car which I imagine to be slow, noisy, uneconomical, spartan and generally free of any driving appeal at all.

Good to see the "I'll do anything to get a BMW, even buy the one that's more basic than a miniMetro" mentality isn't a new thing. I imagine for the same price you could have got a very nice Granada with bells and possibly even whistles.

Can you buy a dirt spec BMW any more? Every single one I see seems to be running a psuedo-'M' spec with 20" alloys and piercing xenon headlights these days.

A rep who used to visit work had a 320se with the smallest wheels ever.Turns out they were 15s, but in those arches they looked like they'd come from a matchbox car.Their MD had a debadged psuedo M-spec 520d.They've since gone bust.

"WILL IT BE CHIPS OR JACKET SPUDS" etc etc

Posted Image

http://www.leboncoin.fr/vi/81227319.htm?ca=12_s

1.6 petrol, must be some operation getting that thing wound up with 6 or 7 fat sweaty builders sat in the back! 750 euros.

Trust me, it would take a week. I had 8 teenage luvvies in mine, and didn't/couldn't get out of second with a 2.05 and a twin choke!