Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Not too fussed about the labour aspect, seemingly a clutch for one costs £130 however. :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUBARU-LEONE-XT-C ... 0172918473Quality buying powers, can I buy it off you when you're done fixing it? :D
Well spotted milf, I have bought that for £20! Also I have just bartered £43 off the renewal of my Audi insurance which will allow me to sneak this Subaru under the financial radar. Collecting next week all being well. Quite looking forward to hoiking the engine out! I used to drive these a lot - love the light steering, blast-furnace heater and bizarre exhaust rasp.

Not too fussed about the labour aspect, seemingly a clutch for one costs £130 however. :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUBARU-LEONE-XT-C ... 0172918473Quality buying powers, can I buy it off you when you're done fixing it? :D
Well spotted milf, I have bought that for £20! Also I have just bartered £43 off the renewal of my Audi insurance which will allow me to sneak this Subaru under the financial radar. Collecting next week all being well. Quite looking forward to hoiking the engine out! I used to drive these a lot - love the light steering, blast-furnace heater and bizarre exhaust rasp.
Need a hand with collecting? It ain't far from me...

I've taken a liking to this and not only is it pretty local but I've got Mrs Ratdat actually trying to persuade me me on to get it. Money would be better spent on cars I already have but it's just sooo nice. I almost called to go view it today but came over all sensible at the last minute.

Posted Image

Money would be better spent on cars I already have

How are those R15s progressing Eddie? :wink: (excuse my cheek!)Saab is nice though. I had a '73 car once, but what I really wanted was one a bit earlier with the stainless bumpers and low-down indicators/sidelights - much better looking IMO. If it were one of those then.... :wink:

Money would be better spent on cars I already have

How are those R15s progressing Eddie? :wink: (excuse my cheek!)
Exactly what I mean. The TL will only ever be spares but the TS just needs an exhaust and the brakes bleeding for MOT. Not much incentive to get it MOT'ed this time of year though. Potential Saab money would really be better spent on paint for the TS and getting the alloys for it refurb'd (if I can ever find somewhere to do it!)

[saab is nice though. I had a '73 car once, but what I really wanted was one a bit earlier with the stainless bumpers and low-down indicators/sidelights - much better looking IMO. If it were one of those then.... :wink:

That green one has the earlier style rear lights, so I thought that was the original version.....unless they kept those rear lights on for the mid term style. They would have changed to the larger rear light units, err......probably about '78 actually so that must have been one of the last of that style!

This is the earlier style I was thinking of Reg - just has a lighter touch. Indicator/sidelight unit much neater. Smart stainless steel bumpers. But of course, none of it 'safe'. :wink:

Slightly smaller engine capacity I think.

You're right about the rear lenses - they didn't seem to change 'til later.

Posted Image

Slightly smaller engine capacity I think.

Yup. 1854cc - same as a Triumph Dolomite. Although the early two-doors were 1709cc. I sold my 1970 1854cc 4-door a couple of months ago - great car, and yes, much better looking with the metal bumpers and the discreet sidelight units under the headlights rather than those afterthought clamshell jobbies tacked onto the wings. Bloody Americans... :roll:

You're all as barking as me! Congrats each and everyI've just collected the little blue Fiat1100r from France- and I think I've also acquired a rather interesting 1984 saab 900.It seems to be a T16 turbo on a B plate- flat front -I thought they were all 8 valve, until around sloping fronts came in.Someone tell me its kosher -before I lash out a 'one-r , after all I am an impoverished redundant person you know

I think I've also acquired a rather interesting 1984 saab 900.It seems to be a T16 turbo on a B plate- flat front -I thought they were all 8 valve, until around sloping fronts came in.Someone tell me its kosher -before I lash out a 'one-r , after all I am an impoverished redundant person you know

Bite his fcuking hand off. Yes, T16s came out in '84, but flat-front ones are like rocking horse poo compared to the facelift versions. If it's a good 'un you could probably add a zero to that price if you find the right Saab enthusiast. I had a flat front T16S once - I loved it as it was even more understated than the later versions so Saxo boy was even more surprised when it stormed past him on the B1150. :D On another note, I bought a car today off a chap who has a 1971 Fiat 128 coupe he's thinking of selling. Not a 3P, a coupe. S'posed to be the only one left in the UK. Not sure how much he'll want for it, but as you're into your old Fiats I thought I'd mention it.

Excellent work! Not a bad price either :)

Yes. It's one of the oddest auctions I've ever bid on. Usually an auction starts low and stays low for ages and then goes mental in the last few minutes. This one went from £150 to £509 within about an hour and a half of the start, then stayed on £509 for the rest of the week. Very odd...

Last year my 309 went like that ^ 50 pounds up to 499 on the first evening, then the winner pulled out at the end of the week (planker).I contacted the second man, he came and handed me 450 for it.I was still well pleased: the car had been hit across the front, had a cracked head/blown gasket, and had been stood over a year!

Thanks Wuvvum -interested in the Fiat? Of course!!PM me if it looks like its going somewhere...This 16v turbo 84 Saab has later 3 spoke Carlsson alloys on it -which initially made me suspicious as I didnt think they fitted flat fronts. Whatever- I'd get the funds back by selling the rims....I very rusty arch and a tatty interior, looks worse than it is -I hope. Find out -Monday or Tuesday,

Excellent work! Not a bad price either :)

Yes. It's one of the oddest auctions I've ever bid on. Usually an auction starts low and stays low for ages and then goes mental in the last few minutes. This one went from £150 to £509 within about an hour and a half of the start, then stayed on £509 for the rest of the week. Very odd...
Perhaps someone just wanted to put the frighteners on you. I wouldn't be surprised if it was people on here because the bids coincided with the car being brought to our attention & you saying it was your destiny to own it.

Thanks Wuvvum -interested in the Fiat? Of course!!PM me if it looks like its going somewhere...This 16v turbo 84 Saab has later 3 spoke Carlsson alloys on it -which initially made me suspicious as I didnt think they fitted flat fronts. Whatever- I'd get the funds back by selling the rims....I very rusty arch and a tatty interior, looks worse than it is -I hope. Find out -Monday or Tuesday,

Sorry Nige, I realise now you meant £100 rather than £1000! 3-spokes were, I think, always fitted to the T16. Sounds like a bargain at the price.

Perhaps someone just wanted to put the frighteners on you. I wouldn't be surprised if it was people on here because the bids coincided with the car being brought to our attention & you saying it was your destiny to own it.

Possibly, but I'm not convinced. The bidding going up also conicided with the car being listed - Mr_Bollox's eagle eyes spotted it within about an hour of it starting. Either way, I'm quite happy to pay £500 for it - I wouldn't have gone to a grand once I found out it was an earlier 845cc TL, not an 1108 like my dad's, but this isn't one of those "oh-cock-what-did-I-do-that-for" purchases. Not yet, anyway - we'll see what happens when I go to collect the car...