Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1972-JAGUAR-XJ6-S ... 0487230207

I really like the early XJ6 with the deeper grille, just the job for sweeping in through the mill gates past your striking workers

My mum and dad's neighbour who is a thoroughly nice chap and into old cars has just returned from Plymouth with a scruffy but extremely solid 4.2 S1. With a bit of fettling it'll make a lovely thing to smoke about in as is - almost seems a shame to restore it. The interior of these is a really nice place to be.

Scrppage blackmail:

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINI-MAYFAIR-1986-NAME-BILLIE-PLEASE-HELP-KILL-BILL_W0QQitemZ220502941176

PLEASE HELP SAVE FROM THE CRUSHER

yeah yeah

it would be a complete tragedy, she is 24 years old and underwent a complete rebuild about 2 years ago.

righto

Please help as my daughter is absolutely gutted at the prospect of her being crushed into a cube, and so am I

Well thats a crying shame isnt it, obv she's gutted, but not quite gutted enough to NOT chop it in against a shiny new shitbox! :roll: Just crush it and move on man.
Haha - saw this tonight when looking under Austin, have to say it's the worst bit of 'blackmail' so far:

a) its not rare, particularly old or in good condition

B) father & daughter obviously got royally screwed by whoever did the 'professional restoration'!

c) feed it to the fragger and the f**k off :lol:

Sent this to the seller.....

It's like this my friend. it's not likely you will get the full two thousand pounds for this car from ebay, in the same way that you will get in scrappage. However it's not a legal requirement you do this, you could just as well sell the car for say £1,200, and simply ask for the other £800 as a discount off the car you are buying. If the dealership won't give it to you, JUST GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! However many thousands you are spending on the new car, this one does not need that much money spending on it! I just can't understand if, as you say, your daughter is so gutted about doing this, she is even thinking about it. Sell the car (starting an ebay listing at £2000 will not help you by the way) and then get the rest of the two grand off as a simple discount. Everybody's happy,and the car lives. Unless of course the bit about the scrappage deal is just a bit of emotional blackmail.....

Had a reply from the mini seller, yeah right! :roll:

Hi, I am sorry that you can even think that this is an emotional blackmail thing. I can assure you that it certainly is not the case. The car has had well over the starting price spent on it, and the new car deal is not open to further negotiation with the dealership, they have already allowed more than this on the purchase price, however two thousand pounds was the difference basically from my daughter having a new car for her 21st birthday or not, and since she lives away from home and has a considerably journey to travel, anyone who knows anything about Minis will know this was never really what they were designed for, just round town and local journeys, they are not a cruising car. I already think I have over justified myself and am sorry you feel this way, this is a last ditch effort to find a new loving home for Billie, but I can't afford to be too emotional when considering the safety of my daughter traveling on the M5 every weekend.

Hi, I am sorry that you can even think that this is an emotional blackmail thing. I can assure you that it certainly is not the case. The car has had well over the starting price spent on it, and the new car deal is not open to further negotiation with the dealership, they have already allowed more than this on the purchase price, however two thousand pounds was the difference basically from my daughter having a new car for her 21st birthday or not, and since she lives away from home and has a considerably journey to travel, anyone who knows anything about Minis will know this was never really what they were designed for, just round town and local journeys, they are not a cruising car. I already think I have over justified myself and am sorry you feel this way, this is a last ditch effort to find a new loving home for Billie, but I can't afford to be too emotional when considering the safety of my daughter traveling on the M5 every weekend.

So 5 million minis were only for town and local journeys?Okay, that makes sense.Why wont people learn that an unsafe car is only unsafe if driven in a way it endangers lives?Its like him saying 'ill pass on this unsafe car to someone else'And for the record, he doesnt know anything about minis.

So 5 million minis were only for town and local journeys?Okay, that makes sense.Why wont people learn that an unsafe car is only unsafe if driven in a way it endangers lives?Its like him saying 'ill pass on this unsafe car to someone else'And for the record, he doesnt know anything about minis.
To give him some credit, minis do SUCK if you have to drive one any distance!

To give him some credit, minis do SUCK if you have to drive one any distance!
And they do feel hideously unsafe and dangerously low!But why get one in the first place.........

My god, i bet they had a brainstorming session thinking of a small car to make smaller and came up with this and a mini.

EVEN A ROVER 100 WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER GUYS.

(if hilariously dangerous afterwards)

And I bet the 2 grand starting price (that has reflected the money spent) was money well spent too! I don't mind people giving a car a name and trying to 'find it a new loving home' but just don't also say it's worth X and I have to pay it or it will be crushed! You can't have it all ways. Oh, and I thought minis have a rally heritage, if they can manage being chucked around in a rally stage, I am sure they are up to pottering about the M25......