Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

I’d guess on a C-plate that Bluebird would be a Japanese T12 rather than UK T72. If I was so minded I could find out on my mega-list of Datsun/Nissan chassis numbers, but the chances of me remembering to do that when I get home are slim.Nice car though. SLX gets really plush trim, just a shame they have manual windows and no central locking. I like the skinnier bumpers more than the big ones they fitted later (like on my new one). In my experience the auto ‘box need not be a deterrent.Lower mileage than mine too. Shame there’s not much history with it though, I like to see who previous owners were and look at old bills etc for whatever I buy, no matter how much/little it costs.I’d noticed the 626 estate too. Classy-looking things, back in the day I remember them seeming to have more of a prestige air about them.

Ahh, it's ok I've discovered a much easier way than sifting through all that bloody code! They've obviously put in place the same kind of annoying picture protection that flickr uses with that 'spaceball' nonsense as mentioned elsewhere. All I have to do is right click & 'remove this object' & then I am able to right click on any of the eBay pictures for that listing & save image or copy image location as normal - simples! :D

On firefox I haven't got that at all. just checked IE and I am not seeing that on right click either. What browser are you using? So far, hard as I try, I can't work out another way of getting the image URL other that using the page source.

I’d guess on a C-plate that Bluebird would be a Japanese T12 rather than UK T72. If I was so minded I could find out on my mega-list of Datsun/Nissan chassis numbers, but the chances of me remembering to do that when I get home are slim.Nice car though. SLX gets really plush trim, just a shame they have manual windows and no central locking. I like the skinnier bumpers more than the big ones they fitted later (like on my new one). In my experience the auto ‘box need not be a deterrent.Lower mileage than mine too. Shame there’s not much history with it though, I like to see who previous owners were and look at old bills etc for whatever I buy, no matter how much/little it costs.I’d noticed the 626 estate too. Classy-looking things, back in the day I remember them seeming to have more of a prestige air about them.

It is indeed a T12.

By coincidence, there was another Aerodeck the very next item down on my search list:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1995-HONDA-ACCORD ... 0466200574

Despite the fact this has less than a third of the mileage of the first one, I'd rather go with the first simply due to the ad, and the fact it's being sold by the long-time owners.

Another way to get the images off eBay on Firefox.

Click "enlarge" on the image you want. Right-click on the pop-up and select "page info". Click on the tab "media" and the first piece of content should be the image, just copy this and [img etc as normal

Posted Image

Click "enlarge" on the image you want. Right-click on the pop-up and select "page info". Click on the tab "media" and the first piece of content should be the image, just copy this and [img etc as normal

Posted Image

That's waht I said, if you read back. Annoying, isn't it?

As much as I love FD series victors....

Posted Image

That van looks promising in the background 8)

Blimey, a Leyland EA and potential to be ex-Royal Mail too :shock:

I think they made them up to about 1984, I remember seeing them lined up outside the main post office in Hull when I was kid and there were definitely A-reg ones.

Ah, sorry Fred, didn't realise that's what you meant. I was going into the "page source" (ctrl+U) and stripping it out of the HTML.

Ahh, it's ok I've discovered a much easier way than sifting through all that bloody code! They've obviously put in place the same kind of annoying picture protection that flickr uses with that 'spaceball' nonsense as mentioned elsewhere. All I have to do is right click & 'remove this object' & then I am able to right click on any of the eBay pictures for that listing & save image or copy image location as normal - simples! :D

On firefox I haven't got that at all. just checked IE and I am not seeing that on right click either. What browser are you using? So far, hard as I try, I can't work out another way of getting the image URL other that using the page source.
"Remove this object" is a function of a Firefox plugin, although I forget which. I've not got the option here on bog standard Firefox 3.5.1.If it's Spaceball, can you still rightclick on the very bottom row of pixels for the picture and save it? That works on Flickr very well indeed, the protection layer is one pixel shorter than the picture :)

Ah, sorry Fred, didn't realise that's what you meant. I was going into the "page source" (ctrl+U) and stripping it out of the HTML.
That IS what Fred originally said ! :wink:

"Remove this object" is a function of a Firefox plugin, although I forget which. I've not got the option here on bog standard Firefox 3.5.1.If it's Spaceball, can you still rightclick on the very bottom row of pixels for the picture and save it? That works on Flickr very well indeed, the protection layer is one pixel shorter than the picture :)
I did try that but decided I preferred the remove object option as it's more satisfying! :) Find the add on for 'Nuke Anything Enhanced' and then you can right click & get rid of anything, even things you didn't mean to :lol: Although it resets back again, so if you leave the page then navigate back to it, you'll have to remove the object again in order to do anything with the picture.

As much as I love FD series victors....

Posted Image

That van looks promising in the background 8)

Blimey, a Leyland EA and potential to be ex-Royal Mail too :shock:

I think they made them up to about 1984, I remember seeing them lined up outside the main post office in Hull when I was kid and there were definitely A-reg ones.

I want that EA! Lovely patina...

Looks like a V or Y reg