Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

There's a 7.2 litre Mopar lump included, That's probably fine...A new front wing for mine was £565+vat, the front bumper was £650+vat - secondhand...Shame it's fire damage, I could do with some bits that won't have survived.

That XR2 :shock::shock:

Here for sale is a mk1 xr2 rolling shell,near fully restored, converted to pick up (needs little work on roof area)

He's right, I'm having trouble identifying the final bits that need finishing for the 'restoration' to be completed. And I wonder what his definition of 'converted' is, I don't think it's the same as mine!

no engine etc, will not drive away

1. No2. Shit3. SherlockEdit: I've just seen that he's a 10 minute walk from me.... i'd go and have a look at it but I'd struggle to keep a straight face. Does strike me as typical of the 'mechanics' around here though.

Back end doesn't look too healthy though! Imagine trying to get a rear valance and a bootlid for one of these.

Posted Image

And I don't have a passport. If a nicer one turns up I might get one though. And go to France and everything!

Posted Image

Dear god! That is literally one of the most dire shitheaps I have yet seen someone trying to flog on eBay. Amazing!

near fully restored

That couldn't be any further from being 'restored'. It's missing half the shell, it doesn't have an engine, it's lacking an interior, it's got bits of structural metal cut out, it has no electrics, and it's black/flourescent green.

All this for a simple bodykit? I bet the car was fine before he got his hands on it, and I bet he's a full-time mechanic as well.

the passenger side inner wing was cut down near the front panel to fit a big cone filter and was going to drill a few air holes in the front panel to aid air flow (was going to fit an RS Turbo engine and box in this)

He cut the metal out so he could put a cone filter in it. I think that's the best thing I've read for a couple of weeks. It's like putting your head in a vice to wear a dunce's hat that is too small.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RETRO-CLASSIC-198 ... 0363322895

Summary:

I half-inched my Grandfather's super-sid spec car, then jizzed on it by applying crud stripes and poundland trims to try and entice the youth coin, when really I should have kept it stock, taken better pics and sold it to a mature ford perv.

I wonder if he's the brother of that doctor bloke? Saw him making some fair old coin on mint old Maxis etc. and started stroking his chin.

Posted Image

"Stripes applied, Motorworld trims fitted, top-quality photos taken..... now we play..... the waiting game!"

Posted Image

Summary:

I half-inched my Grandfather's super-sid spec car, then jizzed on it by applying crud stripes and poundland trims to try and entice the youth coin, when really I should have kept it stock, taken better pics and sold it to a mature ford perv.

Posted Image

Seen mine and was obvioulsy impressed enough to do it to his...

I flogged them to Vicsmith, got £1.50 for 10

A likely story, Vic "Taste The Difference" Smith wouldn't go near a Tesco Value pasty. I'm not falling for this one!

The HIAB photoshop was piss funny. I too got a few funny looks at work.

Dont think we've had this before:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=350180513622&Category=122153

Probably the most scene taxed old Volvo out there, and it's more or less complete. Not that shagged either. Bear in mind that were this a 121 or 122S the bidding wouldn't have gone anywhere. So far it's parts bitsa money. It doesn't help that there were no official figures released for how many 123GTs made. Apparently 1500 came here, and had single figure rev counters.

Posted Image

Posted Image

OMG YO sporty interior, notable for its custom dashtop, 3 spoke steering wheel and pod revcounter. Also noticed the correct mounting points for the fogs as well.

Has the B18B lump with twin carbs, remote servo and different mountings for the alternator.

Inner wings look a little choddy but the outers bolt off. Dented bootlid but these were common across the 120 range and I've got two in the shed.

Good eBay ad apart from:

"RARE"

Posted Image

Summary:

Hey its got the orginial radio, which he took out because he didn't have the code, and him being the kind gent that he is, he will give the radio free to the winning bidder 'if the car makes the right kind of money'.

Jeez, what a f**king prince :lol: !

I would be amused to see him try and sell it on its own - it probably dosen't even have a tape player. This sort of 'dickheadeness' reminds me of that bloke with an Isuzu coupe who wouldn't give the service history and handbook to Mr Bickle (who won the actual car) because he wanted to list it separately :roll: