Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0312196676

Would a 2.0 n/a 850 be a bit 'limp' performance-wise compared to my usual fare?

Certainly looks a useful tool at the money.

The 2-litre 20v 850s actually go pretty well considering. You do have to rev them quite a bit, but that's no bad thing as the 5-pot sounds gorgeous at high revs - kind of a muffled warble that sounds almost like a small-block V8. They actually go better than the 2.5-litre 10v cars, though the 2.5 20v is the one to go for ideally - has a lot more torque than the 2.0. That's what I dragged Hirst's Galant back from Coventry with (although obviously it wasn't Hirst's at the time) and it was brilliant - managed 25mpg too.

Sadly, the auction has bn has been 'pulled' due to an error in the listing (no shit).

Probably means some humourless mouth-breather from www.realnovaturbos.com wrote in stating the bleedin' obvious. How tiresome. :roll:

----------------------------------------------

Edit, just checked my email, here's the reply to my abpve question:

Note: This item had to be ended early and now relisted because of an error in the description. The Rear Insignia badge reads: 'Vauxhall Nova 1.4L Turbo'. The car does not have a turbo-charged system fitted and probably is a factory marking / sales device meaning 'this car has good acceleration' (which by the way it does)!!! The original listing had 'Turbo' included in the title - that is all I have removed to avoid misinterpretation!! Happy Bidding!

Still, factory badging. They should have GM up under the trades descriptions act or somesuch in that case. :lol: