Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Have to say I prefer the later rear with the larger rear lights & the black strip across the hatch lip. Same with the R12

Nah, early version is far prettier. :P For me the first incarnation of most cars that recieved later facelifts tends to be the best looking. The BMC 1100 and Hillman Hunter are prime examples. The rule generally applies to anything from one decade carried over into the next!

For me the first incarnation of most cars that recieved later facelifts tends to be the best looking. The BMC 1100 and Hillman Hunter are prime examples. The rule generally applies to anything from one decade carried over into the next!

See for me the opposite is true - I would guess because being born in the 80s, the final incarnations of 60s / 70s cars as they were in the late 70s / early 80s are more familiar to me & hence hold more nostalgia for me! :D I always seem to be alone in this though. I mean for instance, rubber bumper MGs are more nostalgic for me because they were from closer to my period & at the time, there were more of them around.Early versions of these cars look more classic granted but that doesn't mean they mean more to me.

I quite like that, if it were closer I would be tempted to stuff £250 in as a bid - the checker plate in the "boot" looks a bit lethal though.

I don't, pickup conversions tend to be dreadful and that one is no different. The worst I have ever seen is when people have cut the roof and most of the back end off a Transit MK3, which also requires a hefty rollbar to be constructed presumably so the entire chassis doesn't twist round comically when you go round corners. Incredibly I have seen this done more than once, there must be someone knocking them out.

Hang about. IS the engine from a Patrol? And is that somehow related to the petrol Nissan/Datsun engines (L-series)?And didn't those evolve into the crazy nutter engines you get in skyrines?Hmm.

As far as I know they are the 4 cylinder 2.7 Turbo Diesel, used in various Nissans. My sisters Mistral (JDM Terrano II) has the same engine. I thought that the engines in the Skylines are a 6 pot?

Ah, barking up the wrong tree, taxi-wise then. :lol: Still, I reckon for the more fertile among us a clattery old cab would be a great antidote to the obligatory car-credit Zafira. Though I suspect any AS-WAGs* would suggest otherwise.* New term: AS-WAGs! :lol:

Room for the front seat passenger is a bit limited because of that partition innit?I was considering one a little while ago, as transport icons go it's right up there with the 2CV, Mini and others. Having said that, boot space is tiny, they can rust like a swine and lots have done a million miles.Think of the new friends you'll make as you drive through town though 8) ps, what's an AS-WAG?