Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Ebay tat

• This topic is locked
18335 replies to this topic

#511 OFFLINE   pogweasel

pogweasel

• Full Members
  • 8,493 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationnearly there.

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:06 AM

Basic english clearly taxing for that individual.CHUMP

#512 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:11 AM

It is a bit weird isn't it, some spelling mistakes on it are consistent. Hope he doesn't make back the full £750 he paid for it on Buy It Now, but I bet it'll sell for more than that if the Irish DRIFT SQUAD pick up on it.I almost want to buy it just to defy them all and keep it standard.

#513 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 10,024 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:55 PM

I really fancy the Daf, I really fancy the 104 too but I have no means to get them to Saaarf London and I've just bought this uninspiring lump for £50 taxed and tested:

http://img3011.photobox.co.uk/3805435751...

I'll give you a fiver for the centre console. :P

#514 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 10,024 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:58 PM

It's back!

http://i20.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/ag/d8/eb...
1982 Toyota Carina

I had one of those about five years ago. Automatic, unfortunately, but still not a bad old thing to drive. Pretty solid too. I gave 50 quid for it and sold it on for the same. Another one I wish I'd held onto - I could add at least one zero to that now...

#515 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 10,024 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...:MEWA:IT&ih=006Still a little on the expensive side perhaps, but nice nonetheless.

#516 OFFLINE   Milford Cubicle

Milford Cubicle

• Full Members
  • 3,714 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:57 AM

http://cgi.ebay.co.u... ... 0144369811
Posted Image
Love this thing, despite the spazzomatic.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u... ... 0151696170
Posted Image
Perkins power!

#517 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationS Coast England

Posted 07 August 2007 - 12:35 PM

And I bet it'll end up in Ireland.

Why is it everything is ending up in Ireland? Has it always been that way? Everywhere I look I read about how some Irishman got hold of some such & such old interesting car that had spent the first 20 yrs of it's life in Blighty! I only just pipped an Irishman to my car......one wonders if they're trying to create some kind of uprising against new cars over there? There's a letter in 'reader's letters' in the latest Renault Owner's Club Magazine thanking the club for helping them to find a buyer for their R20 - guess where it's gone? Yes that's right, the Emerald Isle never to be seen again! :(

Still, it must mean that Ireland will become one hell of a place to spot old cars, on a par with Mauritius the way things are going!

#518 OFFLINE   Torsten2001

Torsten2001

• Full Members
  • 2,399 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:00 PM

Ireland used to be an amazing place to spot old cars, they even got cars that were never seen over here but of course the roads until recently were shocking, accidents were common and with no MOT cars were driven until they rotted. Now there's more money there and people want the cars that they remember fondly so over to Ireland they go, as people are buying them for presevation they stand a good chance of survival too, keeps the values up too!

#519 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:51 PM

That Dangan is quite a machine, it has arguably the most sophisticated Kei-car engine ever made! It's actually 5 valves per cylinder, so 15V! This is the "big block" 659cc version which came in when the Kei-car regulations changed to allow engines to be under 660cc (was previously 550cc). Even with an autobox it should be a good laugh, probably 0-60 in about 9 seconds.

#520 OFFLINE   Milford Cubicle

Milford Cubicle

• Full Members
  • 3,714 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:58 PM

I thought it said '5v' on the cam cover in the shots. The owner must be blind.Can you get them with a manual 'box?I quite fancy a mental turbocharged Kei replacement for the Justy.

#521 OFFLINE   MrGav

MrGav

Rank Austin Metro

• Full Members
  • 15 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationIpswich

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:06 PM

Do you really need a centre console? I've got an E reg 323 saloon i'm gonna use for bangers coming to me on Saturday, i'll see what condition the centre console is in if you like?

#522 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 10,024 posts
  • 3 thanks

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:32 AM

Do you really need a centre console? I've got an E reg 323 saloon i'm gonna use for bangers coming to me on Saturday, i'll see what condition the centre console is in if you like?

Yep, I do. My 323 Turbo's console is missing, someone took a fancy to the CD player and decided to take the whole console. :roll: Cheers.

#523 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests
  • thanks

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:25 PM

I thought it said '5v' on the cam cover in the shots. The owner must be blind.Can you get them with a manual 'box?I quite fancy a mental turbocharged Kei replacement for the Justy.

Yep they come in manual box too, but they are pretty rare cars overall.

#524 OFFLINE   mouseflakes

mouseflakes

• Full Members
  • 4,180 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe DMDC 'Finds' Table

Posted 08 August 2007 - 11:51 PM

I...DON'T...NEED...TWO, I...DONT...NEED...TWO :!: :!: :!:

Posted Image

Bit odd really, I'm sure an '82 car would be series 2 (longer wrap around on the bumpers, big plastic dash) whereas this is a series 1 car.

It looks a beauty. Could end up very pricey. £650 start means I'm out before it even gets going!!!

#525 OFFLINE   Volksy

Volksy

• Full Members
  • 3,592 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe vortex that transends time and space leading to destruction of the universe

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:18 AM

I sooooo want that Renault 30, :D Hmmm time to get rid of my 9-3 and go back to basics i recon!!Great site btw, glad i'm not alone in my aversion to the more bizzare vehicular creations.

#526 OFFLINE   Baz

Baz

• Full Members
  • 577 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe edge of The Broads....Norfolk.

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:02 AM

Damn You Mr.Flakes! :wink: Just seen the R30 and come rushing on here to post it up, only to find that You've beaten me to it! :) Looks tempting....But my phantom R20 (if I ever get it) is at least as nice, lower mileage, and will be cheaper to run! :DI've text Darren, vendor of my R20 about it....Looks like he's gonna go all out for it....Another R30 to a good home....Kewl 8)Welcome, Volksy btw :wink:
2005 Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDi Executive Tourer....Not Shite, but splendid nonetheless!
2006 Hyundai Getz 1.5 CRTD CDX 3-Door....More fun than you'd think!

#527 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:17 AM

I've text Darren, vendor of my R20 about it....Looks like he's gonna go all out for it....Another R30 to a good home....Kewl 8)

So you still feel charitable towards him despite him taking the pee with your R20? :?

#528 OFFLINE   Baz

Baz

• Full Members
  • 577 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:21 AM

So you still feel charitable towards him despite him taking the pee with your R20? :?

I'm not a vindictive person....I think he's genuinely a busy man, and not ripping me off....And besides, I wanna see that lovely R30 go to a loving home, and he PAMPERS his cars, believe me! :wink:
2005 Honda Accord 2.2i-CTDi Executive Tourer....Not Shite, but splendid nonetheless!

#529 OFFLINE   mouseflakes

mouseflakes

• Full Members
  • 4,180 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:44 AM

I wanna see that lovely R30 go to a loving home, and he PAMPERS his cars, believe me! :wink:

Amen to that!

Good thing it's out of my price range really! I would probably use and abuse it!

#530 OFFLINE   Volksy

Volksy

• Full Members
  • 3,592 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe vortex that transends time and space leading to destruction of the universe

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:47 AM

I'm gonna give them a call and see if they want to swop for my Saab 9-3. Fingers crossed, it's so goldtastic!!

#531 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:11 AM

I'm gonna give them a call and see if they want to swop for my Saab 9-3. Fingers crossed, it's so goldtastic!!

Surely the oldest 9-3's are still worth well over a grand? :o

#532 OFFLINE   mouseflakes

mouseflakes

• Full Members
  • 4,180 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:12 AM

Good luck Volksy - though my guess is the garage are selling on behalf of the old giffer owner, who's probably more interested in hard cash to replace the carpet he had to cut up to line the front footwells.

#533 OFFLINE   mouseflakes

mouseflakes

• Full Members
  • 4,180 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:14 AM

Surely the oldest 9-3's are still worth well over a grand? :o

I reckon the R30 will top a grand easy (but please don't laugh if I'm wrong - I know nothing about car values above £250).Volksy - bear in mind running costs for the R30 if you're planning to use it as you would the Saab - I get about 14 to the gallon from mine (though the fact the box never drops to first probably makes that a little worse than it sould be)! :shock: Thats why I'm now commuting in my diesel XM - MUCH lighter on the wallet.

#534 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:31 AM

who's probably more interested in hard cash to replace the carpet he had to cut up to line the front footwells.

and the cutting they line the boots with! :wink:

#535 OFFLINE   Volksy

Volksy

• Full Members
  • 3,592 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:32 AM

Fuel consumption thankfully isnt that much of a concern, I get a fuel allowance from work, plus i live approx 2 miles from work anyway. :D Dunno what the 9-3 is worth myself, but havent called yet so will post on here as soon as i get an answer.

#536 OFFLINE   mouseflakes

mouseflakes

• Full Members
  • 4,180 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

Just noticed the R30 is only a 3 day listing - price might not go that high?

Anyway - elsewhere (not ebay) there's a round eye Renault 10 for sale. Dodgy paint but sound and MOT'd according to the advert....

Not this actual one, but here's a reminder of what they look like (click pic to see ad)....
Posted Image

#537 OFFLINE   Baz

Baz

• Full Members
  • 577 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:33 PM

I'm watching with interest to see how much it gets....I reckon it'll fetch a GOOD price personally....It's reached it's reserve @ £800, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it get two-grand at least! 8)

#538 OFFLINE   Spottedlaurel

Spottedlaurel

• Full Members
  • 3,443 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationNorfolk

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:43 AM

MilfordCubicle will love this – Mk1 Justy van!

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.co.u... ... 0138801699

The home of one previous owner Japanese cars:

1973 Datsun 1200 B110 2dr; 1980 Laurel 2.4 C230; 1988 Sunny 1.6 LX N13
1992 Camry 2.2GL (definitely just for spares now); 1993 Camry Estate 2.2GL on the road again!!

And a couple of modern Toyotas

#539 OFFLINE   carlo

carlo

• Full Members
  • 2,041 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationPlymouth

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:00 AM

Re that Renault 30TX on ebay, I don't understand when sellers have such an obviously exceptional car they don't go to the trouble of putting some decent photos on. Must admit though it looks sensational even from those lousy pics.

#540 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:23 AM

Anyway - elsewhere (not ebay) there's a round eye Renault 10 for sale. Dodgy paint but sound and MOT'd according to the advert....

Not this actual one, but here's a reminder of what they look like (click pic to see ad)....
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e100/m...

I much prefer that style of R10, I assume it's the later style? Indicators always seem to end up next to the headlights on facelift vehicles.....R14, Strada, Ital, MkI Passat, are examples that spring to mind.

Wow, no wonder the numberplate is worth a bit, never seen one with question marks in it before - must be unique! :shock:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)