Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Volvo bought Daf in the 70's and carried on with the 66 models with Volvo badging.

Of course only the car arm of DAF, the truck side continued from strength to strength resulting in it eventually taking a controlling share (read: takeover) of Leyland trucks. Bringing us Leyland Daf lorries & all the lovely LDV badged things along the way. The best period of this amalgamation was in the early days when they were still churning out both traditional Daf shaped lorries & traditional Leyland shaped lorries e.g. like the Daf 2800 & the Leyland Roadtrain & Constructor but with Leyland Daf badging & corporate grilles. Not so fun once the dust had settled & the range trimmed down & the older models put out to grass. I was always well into lorries as well as cars. Infact lorries were my first love. Then it was trains. Then it was buses. Then it was trains again. Now it's cars & I think cars are here to stay (as an interest) with everything else still very much admired, but from more of a distance.I do like vans too. I didn't mention those did I!