Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

Thats a lot of motor for the money! I'd love that if I was furtunate enough to have 1200 notes burning a hole in my pocket right now. Make up some ramps and hey presto! GR8 4 hassle free tat collections (eh Wuv's!) :lol:

Thats a lot of motor for the money! I'd love that if I was furtunate enough to have 1200 notes burning a hole in my pocket right now. Make up some ramps and hey presto! GR8 4 hassle free tat collections (eh Wuv's!) :lol:

Looking at it again, I suspect a hijacked account :?

That ERF seems WAY too cheap to me :shock: - it's the perfect size for classic shows and that, and it costs many thousands to restore one from rough condition to what it looks like in the photos - I mean for ***'s sake one of those is probably worth £600 as scrap! I spy Scam, or they meant £12,000.

My current daily driver's a mk2 1300 Cav, so I'd imagine it'll be not much different. You do have to stir the box, but it'll comfortably cruise in excess of 68mph with a full load and still return 40 mpg.It could do with a wee bit more power to help getting past caravans and general arseholes, but it will still get past them.

Modern cars are tuned to maximise the headline figures- 0-60, peak bhp, top speed, constant-speed mpg etc. This isn't always conducive to drivability in the real world. A lot of new cars are gutless and putting a small engine only makes them more so.The older a model is the more likely the small engined variant is to be drivable.

KOOL-ADE. I nearly bought a 1300 Mk2 Cav as my first car. £295 was pretty cheap for a D-plate one back in the mid nineties LOLz, it had frilly arches and zero creature comforts but I thought it would be cool. Somehow, my dad persuaded me I wanted to ruin any hope of "street cred" with a Skoda, on the basis of a 1300 cavalier being depressingly slow. It had a 4-speed box, which I reckoned would have been alright in hindsight.