Ebay tat

GrumpyCat

This sold today for £77 to 'quality car removals' so it'll probably be getting a one way trip to the nearest weighbridge. Shame cos it looks pretty decent apart from the missing wing, and only 30k on the clock.

Posted Image

I now feel guilty for not bidding on it. I wish i'd never fuggin seen the damn thing. Now the only way I can help it is to email the winning bidder and ask if he'd sell it for the scrap value. But what would the point of that be? Why not just bid on it in the first place? Its all too complicated. :roll::roll::roll::roll:

If the buyer's got any sense it'll get repaired and wanged straight back on the bay with a £999 start price and a threat to race it yada yada yada.

Early ones had straight Mini A-Series running gear, but this one is very late so a three-cylinder 1-litre Daihatsu donk is the go (swapover was made in '83 I think). Having said that it's only a 500 so a 600cc Daihatsu twin is also possible/likely.

NOT AE86 200SX JDM GINSTERS MELTON MOWBRAY INITIAL D SPINACH QUICHE etc etc.

Never has a vehicle fitted my needs so perfectly! £3750 is a lot of money for warm pies though, I'll stick to cooking them in the engine bay.

This is the exact spec, age, condition for me - series 1, Manual GTX. Shame it's already on the upper limit of my price range....

Posted Image

Where do these traders find these cars?

Lovely - but just what makes someone want to plaster extra lights/reflectors over their showroom-standard Renner? Odds are that these are properly screwed on instead of glued as well. :roll: