Quick advice required - Renault Master 2.5D

83C

Anyone know owt about these? Considering trading the Expert for one, it's a 1999 LWB.

Apparently needs priming before it'll start from cold, glow plugs maybe?

Any advice welcome!

Excellent vehicles, I put 150 k on one, got it with 120k already on it, only replacing a wheel bearing and consumables, they don't rust badly, bit slow compared to a sprinter.

Only died through crashing, and carried weight excellently, the nearly new iveco that replaced it was wank in comparison.

2.5D is a bit on the slow side but pretty reliable and doesn't nom turbos and gearboxes like the 2.8 TDI. Priming thing is unlikely to be glow plug related, could possibly be a slight air leak in the fuel line or a dodgy non return valve (if these have such).

2.5D is a bit on the slow side but pretty reliable and doesn't nom turbos and gearboxes like the 2.8 TDI. Priming thing is unlikely to be glow plug related, could possibly be a slight air leak in the fuel line or a dodgy non return valve (if these have such).

Agreed, check wheel archs and load area floor pan for corrosion and avoid Motorways.

I had four bad injectors on my Sedona which caused the symptoms you describe - £75 per injector to be refurbed, and that was the cheapest deal I could get!

Verdict - avoid unless ridiculously low price :shock: