E46 318i Auto Touring Automatic, 11 months MOT £325

Will get some pics tomorrow. Pic for illustration for colour etc.

Anyway. One of these fucking things. Eeeuuuurrggh.  :evil:

Steel blue, not rusty, mid grey leather with the tasteful* dark wood trim. 16 inch 'loys with good tyres.

MOT until next June.

The usual E46 bollocks - graunchy window regulators, A/C doesn't work but oddly enough, it's not falling to bits with rust. Wings unsullied by ferrous oxide. Autobox works as it should, the diff's quiet. Hmmmm.

Starter is fucked but I shall be fitting another one. Engine alright, it's had a head gasket already plus new rad, hoses, water pump, stat etc plus a cheap and cheerful Ebay electric fan to replace the buggered original. It actually drives quite well if you like this sort of thing.

I fucking hate them with a passion so it's either sold, or it's bridged once the wheels and a few other valuable* morsels have been removed. Don't care either way.

£325 and it's moored up in Notts NG17. No offers, raffle, no time wasting, just an exchange of money for goods.

Ales Klar?

Danke.

post-3069-0-87969400-1500930533_thumb.jpg

What's so wrong with them?

That's what I was wondering, being as I've had my eye on this era of 3 series for a while, not quite sure why as it's nothing like a 405.  Unreliability/expense?

Apart from BMW's horrible cheap looking cloth and leather trim they have a nice compactness to them.

MOT MOT Status Expires: 19 Jun 2018 Days Left 329 days left
Road Tax Road Tax Status Expired: 24 Jul 2017

Vehicle Details Manufacturer Bmw Model 318I Se Touring Auto Colour Blue Vehicle Type Car Fuel Type Petrol Engine Size 1895cc Brake Horse Power 118 BHP Vehicle Age 16 years 4 months Registration Date 09 March 2001 Manufactured Year 2001
 Road Tax Information Road Tax 12 Months £295 Road Tax 6 Months £162.25

What's so wrong with them?

BAD

RUST. SO MUCH RUST.

I look after one for a mate, it's more rust than metal. Arches especially. Fronts bolt on so easily tarted up.

They are clearly built to a price too, not a patch on an e36 quality wise.

My mates failed the MOT this year on galloping rust (I warned him to flog it on when it passed last year). Our tame welder usually launches into jobs with FOAD like ability to weld anything back together but kept making excuses.

My mate had to practcally beg him to take it on in the end. Unfortunately he has a large amount of sentimental attachment.

Engine wise the 4 pots all decide to start leaking oil around 100k but an easy fix IIRC.

Diesel engines are time bombs.

Rear light units leak, the inner bits on the bootlid fade.

GOOD

they drive quite nicely, but very much dependant on wheel choice. Drug dealer spec wheels ruin the ride, true of any car but most e46 you see for sale now have big rims.

6 pot pez engines are marvellous, par for course with BMW. 4 pots are willing enough too just not as aurally pleasing.

With the right trim the interior is quite nice. I like the dashboard.

All the electrical bits and bobs seem reliable enough.

Overall good ones are worth buying. Especially when they are so cheap right now

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk