Bought a SD1 at last! Collection page 6!

trigger

That looks lovely! ☺️ But it's definitely sitting too high at the rear. The 2600's had the self leveling Nivomat rear springing and damping set up. Make sure that is operating correctly,or you might in the future be looking in to replacing the rear springs and shocks as none of that kit is now available...oohh but for that interior you'd forgive it anything! ☺️

Worst case scenario if the nivomat thing is playing up I would imagine the bits to put it onto standard dampers are probably cheap and it's a pretty old tech rear end on these isn't it? (I remember people being unimpressed with it on paper after the de dion rear of the p6)

That looks lovely! ☺️ But it's definitely sitting too high at the rear. The 2600's had the self leveling Nivomat rear springing and damping set up. Make sure that is operating correctly,or you might in the future be looking in to replacing the rear springs and shocks as none of that kit is now available

New Boge shocks are available from the SD1 Club, the matching springs from Rimmer Bros.

Drive around a bit and it should self-level to the correct height. If it doesn't, then start worrying.

EDIT: Top buy, by the way. I knew you'd get one in the end...

They're the easiest car to work on you can just climb into the engine bay along with the engine it's brilliant.

The water pump isn't timing belt driven on these but worth changing when you do the belt as still you need to take the timing belt off to change it and it's about 15 quid.

There was loads of parts on ebay for these at about 25% of rimmer bros prices. I only went to them when desperate because of the prices as you probably know from the dolly.

I will be very surprised if the car is sporting nivomats - they are prohibitively expensive and dont last very long.

It has probably had a kit fitted from Rimmers. I would'nt fit vitesse springs as the extra ground clearance is actually a bonus.

Did you have a good look at the sills, inner wings and windscreen surround for rot/repairs?

These areas can kill an SD1 as they are not cheap to rectify properly.

I need to finish mine.....

Yeah Rimmers are bloody expensive, I've never used them. In fact I'm going to the BL day show in Peterborough next Sunday in the Dolomite and they have a big autojumble so I'll probably pick up a few bits there hopefully.

I was just thinking, it's got new bolts holding the fuel tank on so that's obviously been of for some reason meaning it's been on the workshop up on the ramp, I'm wondering if that's why the rear is sitting so high and it's only done 20 miles in the last 7 years, it probably just driving to settle down again.

I will be very surprised if the car is sporting nivomats - they are prohibitively expensive and dont last very long.

It has probably had a kit fitted from Rimmers. I would'nt fit vitesse springs as the extra ground clearance is actually a bonus.

Did you have a good look at the sills, inner wings and windscreen surround for rot/repairs?

These areas can kill an SD1 as they are not cheap to rectify properly.

I need to finish mine.....

The sills all look strong and solid, there was a little scab on the shuttle below the screen but it was only surface rust which looks to been touched up and I didn't check the inner wings to be fair but I'm hoping they are ok as the rest of the car look solid enough.

As we couldn't open the boot I've took a bit of a gamble on that but I'm trusting on the garages reputation, i don't think a company that sells £100k Porsches would knowingly risk selling a heap of shit for £3000 and ruining their name.

I was coming up for 40 when I finally got mine finished and as much as I loved the way it looked I just felt like a slightly sad old fud driving it around with it slammed to the ground with JDM arches. 

When I got my p6 in between break downs it felt too old fashioned.

My conclusion was I need a stock SD1 but they're now all too expensive. Bollocks

The sills all look strong and solid, there was a little scab on the shuttle below the screen but it was only surface rust which looks to been touched up and I didn't check the inner wing to be fair but I'm hoping they are ok as the rest of the car look soild enough.

As we couldn't open the boot I've took a bit of a gamble on that but I'm trusting on the garages reputation, i don't think a company that sells £100k Porsches would knowingly risk selling a heap of shit for £3000 and ruining their name.

That £2.5k MGB GT I originally looked at, which was tarted up for sale, at was from a garage who sells motors such as:

http://www.allsportscars.co.uk/homes/advert_details/JCxDKFMuYGBgCmAK/

http://www.allsportscars.co.uk/homes/advert_details/JCwzPFItUGBgCmAK/

http://www.allsportscars.co.uk/homes/advert_details/JCxTLFYsQGBgCmAK/

http://www.allsportscars.co.uk/homes/advert_details/JCxDYFMuMGBgCmAK/

Just say'in. Don't get side swept by the other shiny motors and loose your instinct.

Does look nice though.