Bought a SD1 at last! Collection page 6!

trigger

Volvos are awesome.
LHD is easy; it's more of a drag when you have something powerful and want to drive angry, a 144 is not and won't inspire that. Plus you can pull up, park and step out onto the pavement all cool-like.

Have you done Vauxhall FE yet?

Mechanical parts are easy to find. Body panels vary. VOC Forum isn't worth the effort but the membership is to get cheaper insurance. 

Volvo clubs have been going a bit 'People's Front of Judea' for the past 18 months.

This.

It's good for the discount but if you do use the forum it's nowhere near as pleasant as this place! There's some right opinionated self righteous sods on there. Almost every thread you read on their version of the open forums your half expecting people to be having it out, most of the time over nothing.

I use the 700/900 model section occasionally and steer clear of the shit and arseholes.

This.

It's good for the discount but if you do use the forum it's nowhere near as pleasant as this place! There's some right opinionated self righteous sods on there. Almost every thread you read on their version of the open forums your half expecting people to be having it out, most of the time over nothing.

I use the 700/900 model section occasionally and steer clear of the shit and arseholes.

I tried to steer clear of the shit and arseholes but ended up leaving instead. 

Well me being me, I've decided I don't really want a LHD, especially as I'll never be able to sell the bugger on once i get predictably bored of it 6 months later so tomorrow I'm off to view something completely different based on a really shit photo seen on Facebook.

I'm really hoping this is as nice as it sounds, looking for a new toy has been doing my head in, i see stuff i really like but it's either overpriced or so far away and I'm very fussy too, I was after that Pre Facelift Mk2 Granada 2.3L Estate posted on the Ebay thread but it's in North Wales, the seller won't drop the price because of "all the interest" and collecting it would add another £200-300 to the price.

So I'm off to see this instead based on this photo and a phone call!

20264990_10159246225595457_4458827466308

Rather than a 144 I'd try and find a 145, 142 or 164. All Volvos of that era are tough and reliable compared to mainstream shite. They do rust, especially earlier ones. They can be inexpensively modified to corner better, use less fuel and make more power. Injected versions are suprisingly quick though Bosch systems can be a pain to fix. Borg warner 3 speed auto invariably set up wrong by bodgers, looked after they are reliable and effective.

A very good choice if you want to build a repro rally car; a 142/144 was my plan until the Saab bit me..

SD1 I'm guessing.

Oi, Cleon-Fonte!

Yep, it's a 1983 2600 SE Auto like Breadvans one was, 83000 miles, new mot and apparently in great condition, I'm a little apprehensive as I've heard lots of horror stories about the 6 cylinders regarding head gaskets and camshaft so I'm not going to jump into it without being careful. Realistically I don't really need it and if I get the Orion later in the year I might struggle with trying to tax two cars and storing them but I've wanted a SD1 for so many years that I feel that I need to scratch the itch.

It's still available but it's too rotten for me, it will need hours and hours of mig work before you even start on the mechanics and that's out of my skill level.

This is the inner wing which was the worse bit.

dec2e9327853015a2fb6bec7635a0fd4.jpg

Looked really clean from the outside as well.