The Green Lean Machine - 1974 Ford LTD Leaving the GGG

Junkman

Fuck! Looks like the ally trim took the brunt which saved the car (mostly) but on the other hand it's properly chewed up the trim. Getting hold of a new one isn't likely to be a pleasure.

If that had happened to me that post would have been destroyed in a rage induced vicious frenzied hammer attack!

I once hit a steel gate post in my old Volvo 244 as I came into my own driveway.

Heard (and felt) the impact, got out to check damage. Nothing on the car. Gate post was bent in half. I moved the car and tore the remains of the post out the ground and no more was said!

Bumholes. Been there, done that with my Impala, caught the nearside rear wheelarch when leaving the Novotel at Knebworth. The management had thoughtfully placed some nice big rocks just where you turned left to go into Knebworth House. Luckily it polished out. Hope you can find the trim, if I hear of anything I'll let you know.

Anyway, it's the weekend now, so nothing will happen until Monday anyway.

One of the potential bidders has contacted me earlier and told me he has about 20 mid Seventies LTDs, Galaxies, 500s, Wagons, etc.

some restored, some half arsed parts cars.

I sent him a message asking whether he has one kicking about, but he hasn't replied yet.

I sent a parts request to a scrapyard in Rochester, NY, I dealt with earlier in life. If I'm lucky they have such a thing.

I even contacted Alex Takessian in San Diego.

The Junkwife facebooked her friends and relations in Canada and Trumpreich, some of whom are car guys.

So I'm confident something will happen next week. Heck, every junkyard photo you see is full of them damn things.

Hang on, there's someone at the front door...

Is it Halloween yet?