The Green Lean Machine - 1974 Ford LTD Leaving the GGG

Junkman

Huggy's in for MoT today, at the same place that passed him last year.  Not a hint of orange to the rear.  Good luck!

35878192633_949e2328b2_o.jpgIMG_0669 by Dan Clark, on Flickr

No orange on my ass either.

Mines using high intensity replacement bulb things behind the red light so they look orange(ish). It's been working fine since it came here.

Anyway, in my eternal quest to break stupid laws, the front lighting is now also fully septic.

I replaced the dipped beam units with Sealed Beams, it had 5 3/4 "motorcycle" ones with integrated sidelights.

Light output was worse than that of an R16 with yellow Bilux bulbs.

Not sure how good shite the Sealed Beams are, because daylight and non Halogen Wagners.

I always thought there was a definite cut-off date for red-indicator allowedness in the UK, some time in the fifties, or maybe sixties.

I think Junkman's ruse is a sensible compromise between debating it ad nauseum on the internet and replacing all the lights with two hamburgers from a secondhand Stobart trailer.

Can you please check from which date four way flashers became mandatory?

Hazard warning devices are not required on

vehicles first used before 1 April 1986, but if one is fitted it must be tested.

The hazard warning lamp ‘tell tale’ may be a separate light or the same as the indicator ‘tell-tale'. However, it must be a flashing light.

Excellent thread, the cars history has lifted it to new levels. Is there really that level of detail or am I just falling for a yarn? Those two girls at a festival in wellies aren't relatives are they JM?

Not one little bit was made up. This is the car's true history deducted from hard evidence.

Girls in wellies merely for illustration of August 2015 weather, no relation whatsoever.

Augusts in Europe always were shit. No idea why people appear to be surprised every

year anew.

It's a bit like getting up in the morning and being surprised that it's daylight again.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the severe deterioration of The Climate, the Green Lean Machine and I set sail

for the Emerald Island yet again today and thus added a few further shades of green to the forty existing ones.

Sadly I forgot to pack my photograph pap machine this morning, so you have to take my word for it.

I'll see whether this can be rectified cheaply locally tomorrow - if there is a shop that's open.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks God it was the last time for this childish nonsense.

I might wrong. But I get the impression your fairly pleased with the 40 year no MOT rule?!

I am too, no more pissing about with my headlights and the vacuum doors because of ridiculous rules over here!

Congrats on the clean pass btw.