Volvo 7 series and 240 bumpers NOS make me an offer

DSdriver

I 'think' they will fit but they are different shape. The early flat front style 740 is much squarer around the bumpers. The later facelifted 740 and 940 that followed on from the 740 has a slimmer rounder shape to the front.

Also the front grill and wings are totally different between them, so if you stick square 740 bumpers onto a 940 it might leave gaps etc around certain parts where the fit is wrong.

Here's my early 740.

35627145195_3058a33851_o.jpgIMG_0384 by Dan Clark, on Flickr

Notice how thick and square the bumper is.

Here's a 940.

36088896385_3fbc2a2f88_k.jpg940 by Sam Tait, on Flickr

The bumper is more rounded and sloping.

The rear bumper 'might' fit better as the estate shape is more or less the same throughout 740 to 940. But I'm fairly sure even then, the early cars bumpers is thicker. You can tell looking at the collapsible absorber bits on the bumper sides, they are much bigger on earlier cars.

Hmm, not sure what I've bought as neither of the bumpers in the sellers picture have number plate recesses. They may be both back bumpers, an early and a facelift model. Although one is longer than the other.

I do love a mystery :)

Well I've got 'em but they are no good to me, they are just the plastic covers and the front one is for a 240 I've found by checking part no. 1247237

The back one is for a 740 GLE 83-89 and is in 3 parts, the centre cover 1268175 and the end covers 1392922 and 3

Make me an offer :)