2nd 93 Mondy collection due Thursday...

egg

We can make this look even more exciting*. Transfer the money to me, then potential collectors can contact me by pm to enter the raffle to pick it up. I'll pick one at random, send them the money and they collect and store. On the morning you're due to pick it up, I'll tell you who's got it and where it is *surprise* and you go on a mystery collection.

Who's in?

Noted Angry Sheep!

Will debate whether to go straight across South London roughly in Rob's direction or straight down to the motorway. Through 'town' will be slower (daytime no schools makes it at least an option) but has the advantage of giving more time to check everything is ok and I can always bosh it on a side street and get the train home, whereas Clacket Lane services are much undesirable.

Nice!

Unusual with that colour interior, cant remember the last time I saw one but will make a nice change from 90s Ford navy blue.

Always assumed GLX had fog lights on the front though. Not that it matters, just could always remember GLX with them. 

Always assumed GLX had fog lights on the front though. Not that it matters, just could always remember GLX with them. 

I think it was only the Ghia that had them at the start, so I guess they were added on to the GLX later in the run (or they were an option)

I always thought the GLX was bafflingly unattractive. The LX somehow looked sportier, the Si and Ghia were obz horny with their respective five spokes.

The GLX, though, with its swirly wheel trims... somehow had Older Driver written all over it from the start.

Base = penny pincher or dealer demonstrator

LX = fleet special

GLX = giffer private owner

Si = boy racer

Ghia = senior management (if they couldn't get a granny)

?

If Ford know anything it's market segments!

Alberto Green exterior and Pumice 'Papillon' velour interior = a winning combination. Extra points for the electric driver's seat :)

Pawnote: I still have the original Mondeo's launch brochure I obtained from Malcolm Waite in Sandwich in spring 1993 knocking about somewhere, most likely at Father Shepherd's house.

Thanks, I do have a brochure from 1993 that Fordperv sent me.

I have now insured the car for tomorrow only, £23 for 24 hours, not the cheapest way, but it gives me a chance to get it home and make my mind up on the test drive, especially if the current owner gives me 'get you home tax'.

Probably cheaper to take an annual policy and cancel with 14 days, but at least it's done, took 10 mins on the phone?

Thanks, I do have a brochure from 1993 that Fordperv sent me.

I have now insured the car for tomorrow only, £23 for 24 hours, not the cheapest way, but it gives me a chance to get it home and make my mind up on the test drive, especially if the current owner gives me 'get you home tax'.

Probably cheaper to take an annual policy and cancel with 14 days, but at least it's done, took 10 mins on the phone?

Probably not, considering last time I cancelled a policy within the 14 days the admin charges were substantially more than £23.