new to me toyota celica

taxi paul

Well picked this up today. Only 20 miles away. Proper giffer owner. It has all the history and stuff. Full set of michelin tyres. Bodywork is straight but needs a good polishl interior needs a valet. All in all excellent car for £370.00 off ebay. He is selling his merc on ebay, I think it was a 5 something coupe.he has a brand new one on the drive.this is a keeper so need to sell my gay pug now.post-19805-0-51398100-1500644417_thumb.jpgpost-19805-0-19377200-1500644450_thumb.jpgpost-19805-0-98116100-1500644468_thumb.jpgpost-19805-0-47538500-1500644483_thumb.jpg

Yes thanks everyone. I did say to him that I didn't think I would get it that cheap. He said that his wife just told him to sell it cos he doesn't really use it anymore and he has another couple of cars. Paintwork is a bit flat but came up on a test patch with a bit of polish. Front and rear bumper are a bit more of a job. Lots of stone chips and crazing. Might get them painted. I did ask him about advisories on mot's . He said that up till he bought it in 2005 it had full toyota history ,with book and receipts to match incidently. He then got it mot'd and serviced once a year . So whatever it needed he had done . I am pretty happy with it . He even left it insured to drive home and have a full test drive to make sure I was happy. He has just messaged me asking if it all went well and to look after it. Proper seller,should be on here really.

That is very nice and an absolute steal at that price. Well bought. I would say that I am looking forward to seeing updates on it, but in reality they will most likely only consist of "MOT today, passed."

P.S: Those seats are so 90s. Why can't we still have seats in cars with patterns like that anymore?

A few years back I had the matching one in GT spec. Bought, as yours, from an elderly gent. Provided great reliable service, in a frenetic wheelspinning noisy way. Needed new rubber mind, but the cabin was a noisy place to be!

Got sold when the Jag arrived to a lad on the blue forum, for pretty much what I paid for it.

It's currently SORN, so at least it still kinda lives, but I did see it about after the sale, sadly appeared to have been shunted on the front and was always driven at 'full beans' whenever I saw it on the A57.

Link to when I bought mine.

http://autoshite.com/topic/18054-collection-live/

Had the VERY unusual duty of dropping a smidge of oil in ToMM© today.... When you unscrew the filler (like unscrewing the top on a hot water bottle!) you see the twin meshing gears for the Twin cam/One belt head.... Minty clean >> like the inside of a can of tuna, after you fork it all out!!

Last for Evvah...

TS

I had wanted one of these since they were new. When Volksy got one I excitedly did a temporary swap for the Shaguar with him.

I was so disappointed with the Celica. Its not that there was anything particularly wrong with it, quite the opposite, it drove well, it was friggin rapid but it was just so normal.

I think I was expecting it to be more of a sportscar experience rather than a fast family car. Plus the interior wasn't that nice.

I'm not sure what I was expecting but it was like a more rubbish version of my Audi Coupe. The only thing it did better was fuel economy.

Not that I'm knocking it, especially at the money you can get them at now. It just wasn't what I thought it would be. It was perfectly good at what it did. I think i had built it up so much in my mind (and possibly Sega rally) that I shouldn't have met my hero.

Had the VERY unusual duty of dropping a smidge of oil in ToMM© today.... When you unscrew the filler (like unscrewing the top on a hot water bottle!) you see the twin meshing gears for the Twin cam/One belt head.... Minty clean >> like the inside of a can of tuna, after you fork it all out!!

Last for Evvah...

TS

These 1.8s, like the vvti, can develop a sudden thirst for oil so do keep an eye on the level.

The new 'balls of steel/balls on the road!!' Toyota Sports GT86 car is, I think, because of this ...err... feedback. And no turbo/Boxer low C/G. FTW

2017-Toyota-GT86-review-08.jpg

TS

That car really should have been badged as a Celica. Though, even the Corolla nane was dropped so it's not too surprising they didn't.