Should I buy an SD1?

Ratdat

Looks great ratdat, I was watching that car to as a possible solution to the great single plen manual vitesse running gear surrounded by very tatty bodywork example of the breed in my custodianship :roll: Those glovebox literatures are nice!

It would have been a good solution to that! Although, in a way it'd be a shame to pull it apart and make it V8 as it's so unmolested. I bet a lot of six pots have been converted to V8 over the years, especially the smaller ones. Is your shell not worth fixing up?

Looks great ratdat, I was watching that car to as a possible solution to the great single plen manual vitesse running gear surrounded by very tatty bodywork example of the breed in my custodianship :roll: Those glovebox literatures are nice!

It would have been a good solution to that! Although, in a way it'd be a shame to pull it apart and make it V8 as it's so unmolested. I bet a lot of six pots have been converted to V8 over the years, especially the smaller ones. Is your shell not worth fixing up?
Well, its a right tatty old thing really, all the door bottoms are gone as is the bonnet and tailgate, and some rather nasty looking bubbling around the windscreen and sunroof :roll: In an earlier post to this thread, you make a comparison of the Rover straight 6 to the Triumph engine, I have an idea the Rover engine was indeed based on the Triumph lump, and in a book I have on the history of the Triumph 2000/2500, there is a picture of a late model 2500 being used as a test-bed for the Rover engine with the bonnet open clearly showing the installation :wink:

P.S. Shame to see MikeD’s old Lancer sitting there.

Bernie was using it for work for a while before she got the 323GT, it'll be getting re-tested soon and more than likely sold on, it's a lovely car, but as i have the Astra and it does twice the mpg, i don't really have a use for it anymore

It's a shame that the Lancer has so little going for it. It's neither fast nor economical and it isn't even particularly attractive to look at! It actually drives lovely and is really confortable and of course is in really good shape so it's not all bad. I'm sure someone will be smitten with it though and it'll find a home.

And it's gold too. All good 80s shite should be beige or gold. An awful lot of low mileage autos I've seen from this period seem to be gold. I suppose it went well with the beige/brown decor of the original retired owners bungalows. And their beige cardigans. And beige slacks. And beige loafers.