Shitey

Ratdat

I came home with this yesterday, having bought it cheap to use for parts for my other R16. Having had a poke about, I don't think I can bring myself to break it as with the brakes done and three small bits of welding I reckon it'd get a ticket. Despite being off the road since '98 it's really surprising how solid the old girl is. It's a bit battered looking with some classy brush painted bits but goes well and has a nice black cloth interior which in typical R16 style is ultra comfy. I think I may have to put it on the road and use it as a daily as is 8)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice find, and if you keep it on the road at least you'll still have the fun of trundling round in a 16 until you find a long-term solution for the other one.

The TS just needs me to swap the gearbox so shouldn't be too much of a problem but I don't really want to use it for anything like daily duties as it's too nice (and being a '68 TS too rare). I'd rather use an R16 for cruising about in thean out vel Satis to be honest. the R16 is more comfy and has a better ride :lol:

Yet another vehicle - there's no hope is there! :P It would be extremely cool using that as a daily. I heartily recommend it. And you can drive it more spiritedly than the '68 without worrying about it. 8) I also recommend donning beret and smoking a Gauloise whilst tearing through the lanes with a baguette and wine on the seat, parping the horn at pensioners in Yaris estates.

Ouch. If you need some oil give me a shout. I'll pop and see you tomorrow if you're in? Finally got the truck on the road!

I'm not going to be about tomorrow. Off down to Bristol for some R16 shenanigans :wink: