£550 Piazza - be quick...

Dick Longbridge

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172783027560

Nowt to do with me, but thought I'd share here in case someone fancied it. Just spotted it in on eBay, and thought I'd give it its own thread. Silly cheap for one of these, and I'd imagine it'll be gone before the morning.

post-4721-0-78060000-1500238982_thumb.png

Previous listing ended Friday evening 

Winning bid: £426 [ 18 bids ]

Also had that white one the week earlier
Sorry, no vehicle has been found with the registration plate: D870VRX
Sorry, no vehicle has been found with the registration plate: D740XCT

My money is on both of them issued scrap markers, hence off the DVLA databasing.

Unless of course he's been playing numberplate gameshow, and if so, why?

When you see another example of the same car in the background of a for sale ad, you just know that anything worth having has been had off the one being punted. Factor in that it's rotten, and hasn't seen the Queen's Highway for 22 years, and I would suggest that it's fucked.

They're both for sale.

Although there are only ten taxed there are a few about, I drive past two on my way home every night, they are in no man's land at the moment,nobody knows what they are and they aren't scene tax to make them desirable

As soon as I have some available space/time/money they will be worth about £10k. There were a few cars I used to dream about as a kid. There was this, the Nissan Sunny Bluebird ZX Turbo, Civic Shuttle, Seat Malaga 1.5 and the Aston Martin Lagonda.

Still not sure what I liked about the Civic shuttle as I had it in my head that the rear seats (which I obviously sat in at the time) were loads higher than the front which was absolutely fab for a shortarse 8yr old like me at the time. However I've since sat in one and found out that this is not the case. Whether I was sat in it at a show on a sloping stand or it was a prototype at Earls Court or the NEC, I'm not sure. In all honesty it was probably my mind playing tricks on me as the roof would need to be at some sort of crazy angle wouldn't it. 

*Edited as I am obviously a numpty.

As soon as I have some available space/time/money they will be worth about £10k. There were a few cars I used to dream about as a kid. There was this, the Nissan Sunny ZX Turbo, Civic Shuttle, Seat Malaga 1.5 and the Aston Martin Lagonda.

Still not sure what I liked about the Civic shuttle as I had it in my head that the rear seats (which I obviously sat in at the time) were loads higher than the front which was absolutely fab for a shortarse 8yr old like me at the time. However I've since sat in one and found out that this is not the case. Whether I was sat in it at a show on a sloping stand or it was a prototype at Earls Court or the NEC, I'm not sure. In all honesty it was probably my mind playing tricks on me as the roof would need to be at some sort of crazy angle wouldn't it.

Interesting, that. I remember seeing it as a brand new car at a motorshow, and kept the brochure for years! It sure looked pretty damn good in the mid to late eighties.

I had it in my head that the rear seats (which I obviously sat in at the time) were loads higher than the front 

In all honesty it was probably my mind playing tricks on me as the roof would need to be at some sort of crazy angle wouldn't it. 

Perhaps you need to add Avantime to your bucket list as that feature is part of the experience, without the crazy angle you fear

6687646.jpg

As soon as I have some available space/time/money they will be worth about £10k. There were a few cars I used to dream about as a kid. There was this, the Nissan Sunny ZX Turbo, Civic Shuttle, Seat Malaga 1.5 and the Aston Martin Lagonda.

You must have been the only 8-year-old ever to dream about the Seat Malaga.

Interesting, that. I remember seeing it as a brand new car at a motorshow, and kept the brochure for years! It sure looked pretty damn good in the mid to late eighties.

I used to go to the NEC or Earls court each year. Had a wardrobe full of brochures. My Mum threw them out when I went to uni, would've been able to sell them for a fortune on ebay now.

I loved it. They used to sell them at Worthing Motors on Broadwater road IIRC which is a Citroen dealership which was obviously diversifying a wee bit (although it may have been another one but am sure it was there). I used to read the brochure I picked up from there all the time. It had a snazzy digital clock and a rear arm-rest which was the absolute peak of luxury to me compared to our Horizon. Plus it had a massive 1.5 engine compared to the 1.3 we had (and of course it said System Porsche). I might have to get a copy of the brochure once I have some money again in the near future.

I had a dream where I was playing Powerdrive and the only car you could have was a gold Seat Malaga and the only stage was the test quarry stage. 

A friend of the family who had a flat in Spain had one as his summer car. Pretty sure I've been ferried round the Costa del Sol at a young age in a Malaga and a Rhondda Cynon Taff. 

I used to go to the NEC or Earls court each year. Had a wardrobe full of brochures. My Mum threw them out when I went to uni, would've been able to sell them for a fortune on ebay now.

I kept mine for years, but I've either binned or sold most over the last decade. I was trying to work out which cars stuck in my head from the year the Piazza was on show - 1986 I'm pretty sure. I remember my father was sussing out his two main options for a company car - a Ford Orion 1.6i Ghia, or a Vauxhall Belmont SRi (2 litre 8 valve I assume). I have a clear recollection of sitting in the back of the Belmont and preferring it to the Ford. The SRi interior was a lovely place to be, for a start. He ended up choosing the Orion as it had "much better headroom in the back". My mother bought it when it hit four years old, and ran it for another four years. It had horrendous rot issues from day one, and went into the local dealership several times for panel replacement under warranty. It was returned for corrections to shoddy workmanship on most occasions.

When she came to trade it in on an L plate 306, the non- Ford dealer was convinced it had been in a smack, and badly repaired. She had to explain that the front crossmember, front wings and front slam panel (amongst others) had been 'professionally' repaired by the Ford dealer, and he was gobsmacked at how shit their work was.

Fortunately, that particular dealership (a stone's throw from where I now live) is now an Aldi, so there's no chance the knobbers can bugger up people's cars any more.

I'd have thought any Piazza would worth a couple quid even just as a spares car.

Well, one part of a Piazza is worth money. 

Even though it's a very basic banjo diff which will need rebuilding, doesn't fit into a Manta or Chevette without a fair bit of fabrication, is completely under geared for either car and is only good for 250bhp anyway. 

But the internet is always right, and Piazzas are weirdly worthless despite the fact they're a rare, rear-wheel drive Japanese coupe. 

The internet knows so much that it would obviously know that automatic pre Lotus cars didn't have LSDs and that they were a cost option on all HBLs regardless of gearbox type. Of course the internet already knew that.