Tata Loadbeta 4x4 £500

DodgyBastard

I really feel like I need this but my bank disagrees.

I still can't get my head round the fact I've been an XUD bummer for years and never knew these were RWD. I had a feeling they were XUD based but didn't click that they'd be Bosch'd so could be a veg burning drift slut.

Are they leaf sprung or torsion bar?

I still can't get my head round the fact I've been an XUD bummer for years and never knew these were RWD. I had a feeling they were XUD based but didn't click that they'd be Bosch'd so could be a veg burning drift slut.

They are leaf sprung.

Here's an incredibly boring video of it in action...

I like the idea of buying this and turning up the pump and boost, but luckily I have no disposable income at all (unless FOAD is interested in a 'fatigued' SEAT Inca). GLWTS FOAD

I like the idea of buying this and turning up the pump and boost, but luckily I have no disposable income at all (unless FOAD is interested in a 'fatigued' SEAT Inca). GLWTS FOAD

I'm not quite sure what a fatigued Seat Inca van is... Is it just slow or is it in limp mode if such a thing exists?

Some more pics...

35959681724_deac0e4c29_c.jpgDSC_0058 by srblythe, on Flickr

35959682484_f955713a6f_c.jpgDSC_0056 by srblythe, on Flickr

36397289040_e4695b6a66_c.jpgDSC_0055 by srblythe, on Flickr

35959684224_62a7b0ab81_c.jpgDSC_0054 by srblythe, on Flickr

35959684884_f52d347992_c.jpgDSC_0053 by srblythe, on Flickr

35959685954_e228350ced_c.jpgDSC_0052 by srblythe, on Flickr

36794293465_122c945712_c.jpgDSC_0050 by srblythe, on Flickr

If that doesn't make you want to buy it I don't know what will...

I'm not quite sure what a fatigued Seat Inca van is... Is it just slow or is it in limp mode if such a thing exists?

It's slow (SDI) and somewhat 'antiqued' looking. When he visited mine, he poked the key through the bit of metal above the cab, and you could see daylight through it, from the rear windows. :D

I do like that distinctive XUD sound.  :P 

Is the two-sweep intermittent wiper thing by design or just a slightly shagged relay?  Never seen it before.  (Actually I tell a lie, I've seen it on the rear wiper of a Renault 21, but never on the front.)

What sort of mpg does it do?

I do like that distinctive XUD sound.  :P

Is the two-sweep intermittent wiper thing by design or just a slightly shagged relay?  Never seen it before.  (Actually I tell a lie, I've seen it on the rear wiper of a Renault 21, but never on the front.)

What sort of mpg does it do?

It's meant to do 2 sweeps on the intermittent setting which is also adjustable on the stalk, my last Tata was the same.

35959684224_62a7b0ab81_c.jpgDSC_0054 by srblythe, on Flickr

I haven't really been measuring its fuel economy but I don't think it's very good.

Are you struggling for legroom in that video, or do you just sit a bit forward? Your knees look remarkably close to the dashboard and steering wheel.

Trying very hard to work out how I can purrrrrchace this. Might need to sell a kidney, and then get my work to pay for a flight to Edinburgh and mileage back. Could be an interesting expenses claim!

Is the steering wheel missing an airbag, or just a trim?

Are you struggling for legroom in that video, or do you just sit a bit forward? Your knees look remarkably close to the dashboard and steering wheel.

Trying very hard to work out how I can purrrrrchace this. Might need to sell a kidney, and then get my work to pay for a flight to Edinburgh and mileage back. Could be an interesting expenses claim!

Is the steering wheel missing an airbag, or just a trim?

The seat can go much further back, I had it much further forward than it needed to be.

There's no airbags fitted.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Sold!

Well kinda swapped really, Red5 agreed to buy the knob van and drag it up here to swap for the Tata. I think he's mental for considering such a deal but he has a car he wanted and vice versa so everyone's a winner.

37893186392_5b493e09fa_c.jpgDSC_0179 by srblythe, on Flickr

26148487139_7b52c8e5f1_c.jpgDSC_0180 by srblythe, on Flickr