Tata Loadbeta 4x4 £500

DodgyBastard

35202401322_96b297e05d_o.jpgDSC_0198 by srblythe, on Flickr

34982242510_8c6577bf9f_o.jpgDSC_0201 by srblythe, on Flickr

35389908031_d1e75b0df1_o.jpgDSC_0448 by srblythe, on Flickr

Up for sale is my recently acquired Tata 4x4 Tdi, it's a 2.0 xud based engine with Bosch pump. It starts, stops and drives. It's a bit shit...

It has 5 months mot

I would rather get my ranger fixed which needs a new head gasket.

£500

Dunfermline

They're an odd capacity XUD. I remember reading an article about these when they were new and being interested as this is one of only two longitudinal installations of the XUD. I *think* it was the same bore as a 1905cc, but with a longer stroke crank for more torquage.

I'd love it. Anyone want a Discovery 2 with a slipping clutch?

Nowt to do with the XUD

donk2.jpg

Look carefully at the cambet covers, the injection pump location, the alternator location and the interestingly routed top raidiator hose to get all the way to the "wrong" end of the engine.

Still not sure... check out the starter location, the dipstick and oil seperator.

It's a fettled and generally arsed-about with XUD.

I bet it shares no parts at all. It is not an XUD.

The block and head castings are the same.  Machining is different, and the cam cover is a different shape, but in the same way a 1769cc XUD and a 2088cc XUD are not the same engine but are part of the same family, this is part of that same family of engines.  Which does matter, as it means that things like starter motors, alternators, water pump, cam belt, tensioners and other ancilliary devices are interchangeable with other XUD series engines.

• 4 weeks later...

Splendid. Out of interest, what's the towing weight?

Edit - a bit of googling suggests "lots" - even more splendid. You can put A TON in the back! That's quite a bit of firewood.

I always thought that they were an XUD built under license in India. Look at the cambelt cover. Pure XUD.

This wasn't the only RWD installation of the XUD, there was also the LDV Pilot and the FSO Polonez.

The Indenor was fitted to the Mahindra jeeps.

It might be inspired by the XUD but they don't appear to share many if any parts, there's a thread to discuss this important* topic.

http://autoshite.com/index.php?/topic/28881-The-origins-of-Tata's-weird-"Peugeot"-engines

It's still here, I haven't really been trying to hard to sell it because it's a useful thing to have and I still haven't done anything about fixing my ranger.

I have a Play station one and some games plus a Samsung galaxy ace and a broken angle grinder. plus £40

Can collect on Monday. PM your address.

What I mean is please raffle it with tickets for £4.