LATEST RENNER

RENOMAD

This is the 18T that I bought from Richard(Mr.Renault 18) over 2 years ago. It wasnt running properly--used to cut out after going on boost.I did a lot of work to it and still couldn't solve the problem. Eventually drove it around with boost pipe off and would drive no problem. Eventually sold it as it was to another guy who was also in Renaults, and I got what I had put into it. Spoke to him 1 day recently and I asked him if he ever got it running. The answer was off course no, but he did realise what the problem was. The fuel tank was rotten and kept clogging up the fuel pump ,filter and lines causing fuel starvation when the car came on boost needing more fuel, but he had failed to find a tank for it. That got me thinking that If I could find a tank then it would certainly be worth another shot. I told him about my 21 Turbo and he agreed to swop. I now have a new tank in the car,and I just have to get a new pump and filter and hopefully Its sorted.If not I'll burn it. Its not perfect. Some blistering on the windscreen scuttle, and a bad paint on one door,and the headlining is sagging abit but its sound