Knowledgeable people needed. Cars in central Finland......

nigel bickle

K. So I've probably bought a fairly interesting old munter in central Finland; Lappajarvi to be precise.

It's probably not up to driving back, and I'm not up to driving there, with towing gear, and back.

So I'm asking the massive if they know any shippers, or have better ideas than me for transportation? I'll look at anything

Here's a clue:-

post-758-0-72685600-1499961122_thumb.jpeg

Ta muchly

What a fucking hero!

I was idly thinking that this might make a pleasant trip out for me and was looking at G maps at the route!

It's 1900 miles away and involves at least a couple of ferry crossings.

A very rough calculation shows over 4 solid days driving!

Can't you get it looked over in Finland then drive it back with some good breakdown cover?

No hero, it justcompletes a set, which will fire me up to sort t'others.

It's covered 250 Kms in 3 years. It's 46 years old

It got " minimum welding" for the last test. Told engine gearbox good, brakes recently rebuilt but I'm not trusting the vendor. He doesn't know, just doesn't. And he wants to sell....

Likelihood of getting back under its own steam? Slim, and I'm not well enough for the nonsense that would entail.

I'd drive out with the A frame, but it's a full 5 day round trip. I m really not up to that.

Jon, if you're man enough.... But don't kick the doors in when it stutters to a halt on a blocked inaccessible filter. In the dark. And rain. Kms from nowhere. Cos it will.

Even getting the re isn't easy. Can do it on one ferry, though..

So, open to ideas, each of which will be ruthlessly pursued till a plan forms. Thanks all

That dash is certainly a thing of beauty.

I think you need to break up the delivery into manageable chunks, Get some one in Finland to trailer it to ferry, get someone who is travelling on that ferry as a foot passenger to drive it on and off, then trailer/a-frame it home. The logistics should be easy for a man of your capabilities, even if you are only firing on three cylinders.

Thanks. Have you looked at a map. You'd need to charge me the Zimbabwean National Debt..

Cheers though

No but I know where Finland is...

I would hire a van as i don't want to take my 18 year old 23 mpg Shogun! I have a twin axle trailer.

You organise ferry crossings. I'll kip in the van. You pay fuel etc and pay me a small wage.

Probably cheaper options but the offer is there

No but I know where Finland is...

I would hire a van as i don't want to take my 18 year old 23 mpg Shogun! I have a twin axle trailer.

You organise ferry crossings. I'll kip in the van. You pay fuel etc and pay me a small wage.

Probably cheaper options but the offer is the

Hey, Tom, if you need a co driveller I'd be right up for summat like that.

A possible epic thingy. Photos and stuff.

Hold the front beige peige an all that. Celebrity status, (bleh) book signings, Bafta awards, freebies, and a t/shirt. 

The bright lights of Shitewood beckon, etc,. etc,.

Ok, here t'is. Prob overpriced, but find another!

post-758-0-33847600-1499977166_thumb.jpeg

post-758-0-81184300-1499977151_thumb.jpeg

Thanks for all the kind offers, certainly food for thought. I hadn't meant for you to offer to collect, but I will bear that in mind.

As ever, when buying a car unseen long distance logistics are everything whilst not alerting the vendor to the complexity, or want!

So I need to play cool, a little aloof, until the money's paid, docs signed, and ready to go.

If long distance collection becomes the only realistic option I will get back to those offering with a sensible plan. If snyone is desperate for a trip up, PM me. Otherwise I will use your kind offers as fallback - cos I think the distance makes it a prohibitive ask.

Keep you posted guys.

Ok, here t'is. Prob overpriced, but find another!

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Thanks for all the kind offers, certainly food for thought. I hadn't meant for you to offer to collect, but I will bear that in mind.

As ever, when buying a car unseen long distance logistics are everything whilst not alerting the vendor to the complexity, or want!

So I need to play cool, a little aloof, until the money's paid, docs signed, and ready to go.

If long distance collection becomes the only realistic option I will get back to those offering with a sensible plan. If snyone is desperate for a trip up, PM me. Otherwise I will use your kind offers as fallback - cos I think the distance makes it a prohibitive ask.

Keep you posted guys.

Coz I think the distance is a "PROHIBITIVE" ask.  Red bull to a rag on here.