Seat Ibiza 1.2 £150. Now with pictures.

Crusty Sills

Seat Ibiza 1.2. 2003.

The time has come for slug to go, bought as a temporary car but just seemed to stay!!

146,000 miles.

The good bits.

6 months MOT.

4 mostly round reasonable tyres, all form different quality* Chinese manufacturers!

Only ever had 1 FTP in the last 4 years and that was my fault hitting a big puddle too hard.

Little 3 pot 1.2 engine is surprisingly nippy.

Economical.

Bad bits.

Some rust on front wing (dodgy drivers side accident repair from before I got it)

Few bits of trim missing.

Airbag light is on but this has been on for the last 4 years and I've not died yet!

My garage just reset it for MOT.

Engine light comes on randomly, never worked out why, Causes no issues though.

Steering light comes on, this occasionally causes the power steering to drop out, mostly at slow speeds and when trying to do something complex!

It doesn't happen very often and as long as you are aware it doesn't catch you out (much). Then goes out again for no apparent reason.

Some times rev counter drops to zero and oil light comes on, although the engine is happily running.

All this sounds terrible but it's never given me cause for concern, car runs fine.

With all this in mind I would not suggest this to anyone who is newer to driving.

I'm genuinely sad that it's going, Mrs Sills has been saying I need a 7 seater since the Volvo XC90 went. It really has been a great car that's been used to lug stuff to the dump, move kids around and I've even managed to sleep in it quite comfortably

I would like £200 but if anyone is up the creek and needs a car to use for a bit I'm happy lend it out.

So in summary, small green car with small engine, high miles and a few issues.

post-17510-0-56735000-1499885948_thumb.jpgpost-17510-0-51010700-1499886174_thumb.jpgpost-17510-0-71827900-1499886264_thumb.jpg

The steering light will most likely be down to a weak battery or grotty connections to it. The PAS pump on these is electronic and draws a load of current which can cause the voltage on a weakish battery to sag, especially of the engine is only idling and you've just started it and have the lights and blowers on and whatnot.

Revcounter and oil light problems will probably be bad solder joints on the dash cluster main plug.

as said , battery and connections but dont rule out the possibility of interference from a mobile upsetting your steering , my Bag.O.Shite  does the same , even the petrol gauge will flat line and the engine run "funny" , costing me £500 notes to fix it , but the replacement car should be ok , it has hydraulic steering and no Vauxhall badge ....

Oh dear.

Several years ago, I missed out on one of these that I'd won on eBay.  I took the train all the way down to fugging St Leonards to pick it up, then when I was 20 minutes away the seller texted me to say she couldn't find the V5 and wouldn't sell the car without.  She paid for (part of) my ticket home, I went back into the station, just missed a train back to London, then the next train was half an hour late.  Got into London Bridge 15 minutes before the last train to Norwich left from Liverpool Street, and had to run all the way, on my knackered leg, in my work shoes (I'd left on the collection mission straight from work).  I made it, but it fucking near killed me.

Ever since then I have wanted to lay that ghost to rest and find out what I missed out on, and this one is now almost cheap enough for me to accidentally forget about my car buying moratorium. :?

Now sold to NorfolkNWeigh. A++++ would do business again. It's always nice to meet a fellow AS member. And it always warms the heart to see a father let his daughter hand over £150 for a well worn Ibiza to go out into the world in. God speed Slug, I'll miss you!

Thank you Richard hope he serves well.