We are

Joloke

I have no idea how I found AutoShite but I remember finding the actual site by accident in about 2006 and browsing the spots and 'cafe Pan-am'. It wasn't until April 2008 that I found the Messageboard and formally joined. I already had a stash of spots on Photobucket as an initial offering.

I kept getting directed here whilst googling various crap eastern European cars. I got the hint eventually and just stayed. Everything you need to know is here. And if it's not you only have to ask and someone will know.

There's even trains and buses here for which you'd get ripped to shreds for even admitting to knowing what they are are on most car based forums.

Like Ive said before , you only really need this forum. A one stop supermarket of goodness .

From shite cars , fixing , advice. Nakkid women on cars , to discussing your health / mental issues - to gardening , miniature car shite .

Ask for help - it will be answered by many . Ohhh, and feel free to vent your spleen on pretty much anything :-)

Being a member of Autoshite is like being a cat. You just sort of find this place, and if you like it you make it your new home.

Not all make forums are crap though, Migweb and VXON Cavweb were brilliant.

I posted 1000's of posts to Migweb and Cavweb between 2001 and Erm 2008. and the occasional post to VXON (where I am Jacko-Lah)

But VXON is not Cavweb and the Cowshed has been replaced by a Politically corrected Shed, and I rarely go there.

I also spent a lot of time at Mk2cav.com, as did YOU. but Daz Cox  and his smug mates - one of whom thought nothing of fitting a calibrE body kit to the last remaining 2 door along with a CalibrA turbo engine and 19 inch alloys, really pissed me off in the end.

The only person I had time for was a welsh man called Rabbit (John Edwards) who went to scrap yards and pulled parts for me, without knowing if I'd buy them, but knowing I needed them.

AS is like that hidden platform in the Harry Potter films except that it would lead to a fantastic car auction that only had stuff from the 80's and 90's and the prices never went above 200 quid even with fees. 

And, like platform 9 3/4, it's best approached the first time, at a run with your head down and your eyes closed

I got ousted from a forum I was a member of for many years for putting jokey comments on that the foreign website owners didn't understand as they weren't from Britain.

Finally hit the point of no return there after saying I was putting a Hesketh sticker on my car, until I get stopped by the police for it.

Anyone who knows anything about '70s F1 knows that the Hesketh Teddy just had his 'V'S out worst case. The police was just a jokey comment.

Now I've found a place where I think I can get away with it and just being me. Thanks for that!

The bear to be banned for...

post-20944-0-87321700-1499905713_thumb.jpg

I did the club/show thing a few years back with the cavaliers, but the truth is they are a minority interest car. And to be honest although I quite like some of the older cavaliers Astras etc, I have no interest in any Vauxhall released in the last 20 years. I don't despise them or anything but they don't do anything for me. Whereas tales of old stuff on here are great.

Your not far wrong. I MUST NOT OWN A NON VAUXHALL. Otherwise I am a traitor!

To be honest I only got the cavalier because mrs cav worked at a dealer. It could have been any old 1990s shite. I did the VBOA rally in 2013 and the comments I did hear round the car were , "the engine bays a bit dirty you'd think they'd clean it up" and "it's not an sri or a sport model not really worth showing " Then when I did have a technical problem with the blue one I tried the technical help on the forum. No help there.....

Much prefer a general car site like this

At a show Sunday and did get some ripe looks as I walked about laughing and commenting on the Dubs, wire wheels, UKIPmobiles and modified yanks. It just helps to remind yourself that your car is really a near worthless old car, keep that thought in your back pocket and then shows are a lot of fun.