We are

Joloke

Where's the next meet? I'm sure we can arrange some smokey, rusty, veg burning motors to help the tone along. Come to shitefest Jo, you will never see as much a mismatched rag tag bunch who will fall over each other to help others out. I love this place and the folk. Chin up me duck an don't let them bother you

What a bunch of wankers.

Sounds like you are best out of it Jo. Shame though as they can be a source of advice and support, however, their really crappy attitude and behaviour speaks volumes.

Start your own fb group - bollocks to them.

Yep, as Bub said, come to Shitefest and have a laugh. 

Nah this place has just as good, and more freely available advice than most other places. Has your obscure 50s car only sold in Brazil got a problem? Probably had someone here who has had one and knows everything about them! Then your modern breaks, and you need help fixing it? Yup someone else is more than happy to help + advise.

Yep, one make forums.

I no longer bother with the one Merc forum i was in, too much back biting and bickering, and following the appointing of a new sainted mod it became selective PC all to ready to pull the racist card...how you pull the race card on a car forum i'm fucked if i know.

Can't be arsed.

This place is different completely, lots of mild piss taking which only really gets nasty when politics or religion rear their ugly heads (i don't get the hatred therein those subjects but hey ho), but no bugger's got their head impaled up their arse on other subjects and most here are three parts barking anyway, self included, but a generally fiendly bunch who accept each other's differences strengths and weaknesses.

It's all mad when you think about it. I like this shaped lump of metal more then I like that shaped lump of metal even though they both do the same.

They honestly sound like wankers. Most people are wankers. 99% of Facebook is for wankers. As said above one make forums just don't work, the discount they could offer on insurance isn't worth it in the end to put up with their shit.

As has been said before Autoshite is very different from other sites and long may it stay that way.

Whilst the world is a shit place It's not all bad on one make forums, im not a Facebook user so I go on the websites, I have great experiences and no negatives on both the capri and sierra forums, i have met people local and now class them as friends also people further away who have bent over backwards to help me out with parts when ive been stuck, saying that ive also done the same.

Most people are wankers. 

True dat.  

I belong to a single one-make club purely as others have said for the insurance benefit - I never attend rallies etc although the local branch but one (not my county, an adjoining one) has some good folk in it who I am quite happy to meet up with on my terms when the occasion arises.  

I don't know why we expect any different, really, but we do - we imagine that common interest/love for a particular vehicle will somehow transcend all the differences and foibles that irritate me in people who happen to drive other makes / models of car.   I used to think it was me, now having walked this planet for nearly 60 summers I realise it isn't me - it really is all the other fuckers.   

You can drive, enjoy, repair and maintain your car without anybody else's endorsement, encouragement or ridicule and I will echo many others who say that this place is an oasis on the internet -- people might piss in the lagoon now and again but the waters soon clear and there are far less monkeys throwing coconuts around.....

A lot of one make forum are pretty clicky, you'll have one person whos like the Oracle who everyone goes to and what he says goes but if you disagree or go against what he says everyone just turns on you.

I mustard mitt that both Morris Marina Nationals I've been on are very refreshing as everybody is very friendly, road runs are well planned out with clear instructions and maps and no body takes themselves too seriously (well they own Marinas so you can't really).

Never actually attended any car club meets but have joined a couple of one make clubs in the past, just for the combined know how of the other members really. Never really got any useful advice as everyone disagreed with what advice was on offer! Now I just use this place. It is all I need. Never been let down and had some truly remarkable offers of help/advice/support and wisdom. Plus the great feeling of 'belonging' to what amounts to a nationwide club of like minded folk.

Brilliant.

I've said it before, not least when I had my tantrum the other week: Autoshite is home, it's where new arrivals are made to feel welcome.  Where there's usually some sort of help/advice available, and if we laugh at your new purchase, it's only because we've already had one, and possibly still have it.

With the bickering that went on a few weeks ago, what I really wanted was to bang some heads together, but I've got over that now and the forum has returned to what passes for normal.  Also, in the midst of it all, one member in particular volunteered to help me out with something that was causing vast amounts of stress, for which I shall always be grateful.  THAT kind of gesture is the true spirit of Autoshite, as I've found on previous occasions.  The Shiters I've met in person have all been splendid chaps and chapesses.

This IS the place to be!

I always was a non clubber, lone wolf, I hate car shows with a passion and have a healthy dislike for "cruises" or "rallys".

Therefore I constantly banter with a friend of mine, who sometimes buys cars for the sole reason that they enable him

to participate in certain events (Mille eligible, etc.). To be fair, the majority of his cars are delightfully half arsed and he

has them because he likes them, but there is this element mixed in.

I think everyone has a different motivation to own a certain car.

Some are true collectors, some are investors, some are living out their profile neurosis, some are pretentious arseholes,

some think their dillywong is too small, some are a combination of some or all of this.

Only very few are actually using their old chod in the sense it was originally intended, i.e. as a means of transport.

And they are all here.

And that, I think, is the difference.

I am a member of the VOC to get cheaper car insurance. 
That's it. I don't bother with meets or the forum any more. The clique can do and say what they like because the internet is always right. Even when it's wrong. 

Can we not have this thread turn into an Autoshite bias confirmation chamber? Makes my flesh creep. 
Autoshite's a long way from being perfect and has way too much inverted snobbery for my liking. 

Being a member of Autoshite is like being a cat. You just sort of find this place, and if you like it you make it your new home.

Not all make forums are crap though, Migweb and VXON were brilliant.

Being a member of Autoshite is like being a cat. You just sort of find this place, and if you like it you make it your new home.

Yep I found this place by accident, I got told there was a picture of my capri on a spotted thread, was intrigued with the name of the place, ive hung around like a fart in a lift since

Autoshite's a long way from being perfect... 

Something it's never claimed to be.

The paint's pogweaseled to feck, the tracking's out, it smokes like a beagle and the Chinese vinyl deathrings have only recently been replaced by halfway decent rubber.

But it's home.

:)