Hi my fellow Goona enthusiasts!!
I've decided to sell my Merde wagon.
Why would I want to sell such a luxourious, well built and spacious car you may ask?
After spending a shade over £1300 so far this year, on all sorts of dramas.
Truth is I can't bare to see it on the drive anymore, because I hate it, and seeing it makes me even more miserable.
This year alone, it's had a replacement ECU, ABS pump, rear tyres, brakes, rear shocks & springs, and a new keycard plus other stuff. Last year it had a cambelt kit, and auxilary belts and tensioners changed etc... two front tyres, inner and outer track rod ends. Plus some other things I can't remember, there's a whole folders worth of receipts for all the parts and labour anyway!!
Has an MOT until 26th April 2018, they weirdly advised the rear springs even though I replaced them before the retest? And the rear engine mount, but could find sod all wrong with it an I replaced it only a year ago!! Still has Tax to get you home
The good bits..
* It starts it goes, it's really comfortable and even handles rather well!!
* Being a 1.9 Dci it does 43- 51 MPG on a decent motorway run, depending how heavy the right foot is.
* Has a large boot, seats fold down so ideal for all your clobber or trips to the tip etc..
* Xenon headlamps which work.
* Half leather interior
* Front & Rear Electric windows
* Lots of Service History under my ownership.
* All the Hand Books etc.. + Haynes Manual
* Spare alloys (x2) & other odds & ends.
The Bad bits..
* It's a Laguna II ....
* As above..
* About due an oil change
* Rear wiper Doesn't work ( Mechanism siezed but motor works )
* Windscreen has weird pock mark effect ( can still see through fine & passed MOT )
* Clutch a bit rattly, got no better and no worse throughout my ownership ( just being honest )
* Interior lights don't work? tried fuses etc.. but no joy so probably a wirring issue somewhere as it's French after all!!
* Air con pipe broke ( replacement included )
* Various scratches and paint touch ups, supermarket dings etc..
* Passenger seat has a small fag burn, was there when I bought it.
* Cast of thousands who owned it before me.
All in all after what I spent, I have no doubt it will probably be great for someone else but not for me!! Will be available in the next week or two, £550 as it is. The car is in Aldridge, Near Walsall. But can be picked up from Measham, Off J11 M42 if any better. Happy to meet/ collect from local-ish train station. Either Tamworth/Lichfield/Shenstone or Burton. I work in Leamington Spa in the weekdays, so can do that to if it's of any help.