1972 Austin 1100 - SOLD

vulgalour

My guess is the skipper of HMS Faeces AICMFP

Oi! That's not a nice thing to say about my car. It's Harvest Gold I'll have you know. :o

If you have poo that colour, you're Type 7 on the (coincidentally named) Bristol Poo scale and need to get medical assistance. My choice of colour car is in no way related to the fact that I live in Bristol either.

However, at least you didn't remind me that it's Maggie Thatcher's car. That's just plain nasty. ;)

I thought that Clayts had guessed at either FOAD or the very nice chaps with Reliants and a boat on the Isle of Wight whos username is floating around my mind just out of reach.

I was actually referring to Tom of this parish who drives around the country with a trailer picking up seemingly lost causes, see his Ship of Faeces thread ;)

I would never insult the MGB, honest guv (well to be fair, I haven't seen it in t'flesh yet)

I was actually referring to Tom of this parish who drives around the country with a trailer picking up seemingly lost causes, see his Ship of Faeces thread ;)

I would never insult the MGB, honest guv (well to be fair, I haven't seen it in t'flesh yet)

Ahh but it was an handy reference to pick up on to say. :)

So I couldn't contain my excitement any further and had to say. I'm really looking forward to getting this!

This will be my first proper restoration project. Also my first welding on a car. Nor have I learnt to weld yet and the welder I plan to use is still in bits on my garage floor. The only progress to that goal is me collecting scrap to practice on (no, thats not my MGB).

I'm hoping also to restore this with my other half. She's big into crafting/sowing/etc, so my plan is to let her go wild fixing up the interior.

I don't expect this ever to be a show winner and I don't think it ever wants to be. Feels like that mongrel that everyone loves at a dog show.

I'll certainly need plenty of help and guidance getting this back on the road however!

I'm now just trying to hurry the in-laws to take the Civic that's sitting in my garage sooner. Once that's out of the way, the MGB can live up there. This leaves my drive for working on. :)