Someone buy this so I don't have to!!

Schaefft

s-l1600.jpg

There can't be many Sigmas left in this country (there probably haven't been many in the first place...). This one being the 24V V6, it might even have such interesting features as 4 wheel steering, stability control (pretty high tech back then!) in addition to all the usual luxury appointments. I almost bought its sleeker "pillarless" (not really) counterpart, the Diamante, that was for sale like a year ago and came all the way from California, with a long stop in Australia, but I gambled too much and it was gone eventually.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubishi-Sigma-3-0-V6-24-valve-/192240925634?hash=item2cc273bbc2:g:C2wAAOSwf~9ZX6ta

Someone needs to save this rare beast before it's entirely consumed by its surroundings!

It is so weird seeing people drool over a car that you see as common!

My Dad has had 4 of these over the last 20 years, they all went to the scrappy. I was so surprised when he replaced the last one with the Pajero (shogun) he has now, that being said, the Pajero has the same V6 as the last 2 he had. (The first 2 were povo 4 cylinder jobs)

Well, I love these highend cars because they usually represent the best a manufacturer was able to do at a certain time. All their technological know-how went into making these cars, and most of the time they're the models with the least compromises (i.e. size -> proportions) design-wise, often resulting in more attractive looking vehicles, for me anyway. The fact that they usually came with a plethora of equipment and decent performance only makes them more interesting to me. Pair that with my love for 90s Aero-design and the obscurity that is a Mitsubishi flagship in Europe, and the now ridiculously low prices, and you've got the perfect storm. :mrgreen: I only wish I had more space.

Just to be clear here, if you have room in your garage or on your driveway, you do not yet have "too many cars".

I've used a fair few 3vz and 1mz Cammys as donors for MR2 projects, and yeah, they are flagship cars in much the same way as this tasty whip.

I'm not a fan of scrapping cars because there's money in it, I believe if a car is rare and viable it should be preserved.

So yeah, someone but it before I do my "drunken eBay shopping spree" later on.....

:)

Chris

#bodgewerksuk

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Well, after not selling the last time, it has returned. Still with a starting price of 300 quid, only now with additional paint damage on the passenger side. Sometimes I really have the urge to punch certain car owners in the face really really hard...

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitzubishi-Sigma-3-0-V6-/192279580512?

Without knowing much about these at all and taking into account the state it's in, and the limited market cars like this appeal to, a £300 start seems a little optimistic.

Perhaps I'm just really tight though. Still very interesting regardless, and I do hope it ends up back on the road eventually.