Slightly rubbish Astra for sale - £350

wuvvum

Not sure if there's going to be much (if any) interest in this on here, but as it's both free of charge and free of mongs I thought it was worth a try.

I mentioned this thing briefly in the News 24 thread when I bought it.  I've since made a half-hearted attempt to tidy it up a bit, but if I'm honest it does bugger all for me and I could put the cash to better use at the moment.

It's a 1.8 Design, so fairly high up the Disastra range, and thus gets alloys, half leather, aircon, auto lights, electric windows all round etc., but no climate or cruise.  It goes OK, although as with most modern* petrols it needs revving to get the best out of it.

Good bits are that it goes, everything seems to work bar the interior lights (even the aircon is cold, although the compressor is a bit noisy when it's running), interior is in fairly good nick, tyres are all OK and decent makes, it has a decent (if aftermarket) stereo.  I've treated it to new wiper blades (they didn't cost me anything, they were in the boot of the Rover when I bought it).

Bad bits - it's a bit scruffy, with various scuffs, a dent in the tailgate and a nasty scratch on the osf wing (which I've inexpertly touched up), which is also bubbling up a bit round the arch.  It was a Cat C at some point in the past (appears to have had a bump on the osf, hence the bubbling on the wing which has presumably been resprayed).  One of the tailgate struts has come off so the tailgate doesn't stay open on its own, and there's a clonk from the nsf suspension over bumps so will probably need a bush or two for its next test.  No history with it.

I did briefly investigate why the interior lights weren't working - I got as far as checking bulbs and the fuse, all of which are fine.  With moderns though it seems that sometimes the fuses don't quite protect the circuits that the handbook says they do - viz my old A3, on which the speedo came back to life when I replaced the reversing light fuse.  I couldn't be arsed to check all the fuses.

Mileage is just over 100K (rolled over on the way back from picking it up) and it's MOT'd until late October.  In NE Norfolk as always.

Pics:

post-190-0-17588200-1499387876_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-10066500-1499387921_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-53228600-1499387973_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-94352000-1499388030_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-82795100-1499388088_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-18439500-1499388201_thumb.jpg

post-190-0-82722400-1499388258_thumb.jpg

This sounds like a bargain to be honest, shame it's a bigger 1800cc really as my neighbour asked me to keep an eye open for something like this as a first car but this will cost to much to insure.

I'd still check, my 1.8 75 was over £600 cheaper to insure than my mum's 1.6 Focus when I first passed my test.

I don't believe there is any real logic in the insurance industry.

Looks ideal for weed runs, you'd blend right into the background. Or a work snotter etc. Service it for £30 with euro car parts stuff every 6 months, tyres and pads when it needs it and just drive! Might be more economical than the 30mpg the Zafira does as it's probably a bit* lighter

Her Zafira shifts with the 1.8 and some redline action, I imagine this would even more so!

I'm surprised Hendry hasn't popped up yet...

LOL thats because I havent been on much today, but your wish is my command.

Thats an absolute bargain, and tbh reading the description I actually thought it was my old one, CAT C 1.8 Design, everything written sounded like my old one, was a bit disappointed when the pics showed a grey 06 and not a blue 2005, it was mine getting a Cat C that i ended up parting with it (insurer wrote mine off and paid me out but it went back on the road) and id spent a fortune on it, getting it minted prior to the accident, replacing all sorts of daft wee things that werent 100% but wouldnt bother anyone else, I LOVED that car and if it was my old one id have been there and back for it already. Front bumper has obviously been replaced as part of the accident damage repair, Designs had fog lights, that looks like a Club/Breeze/Active spec bumper with no fogs. 

My MPG never topped 30 in the Astra either, computer display showed 31.7 constantly which it will be less than as the computer is always over optimistic, but then I was using mine for takeaway deliveries so loads of stop start, sitting idle long periods, and I used to rag fuck out of it, it seemed to love the abuse it got!! It was about to be repaid for being faithful and not letting me down by being resprayed and fitted with a whole pile of brand new GM stuff I had sitting and looking fresh as new again when it got side swiped. 

I'd still check, my 1.8 75 was over £600 cheaper to insure than my mum's 1.6 Focus when I first passed my test.

I don't believe there is any real logic in the insurance industry.

/\ This.

When I bought my Mk4 1.6 Sport, it was ridiculously cheap to insure because it was a 5 door.

My 1.8 Coupe with all its modifications is only £250 per year. It is limited to 10k a year but you get the general idea.

Not bad on fuel either as it's relatively unstressed.

1.8 VVT will be in this so 140 brake, should go well.

These have remained remarkably sharp looking even although earlier ones like this are now firmly at the bottom of their depreciation curve.