Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
For Sale

1995 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon

For Sale

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   J-T

J-T

• Full Members
  • 211 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationWarrington

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:18 PM

207000km (about 128k miles)

MOT 'til Nov

4 new Toyo T1Rs

Cat 1 Alarm

Prodrive exhaust

A/C (working)

STi wheels

Usual JDM(yo) spec

Price £1700

I've had this for about 6 months, bought off Dave_Q on here (there is a thread on it somewhere). I mainly bought it as I've been renovating a house so it's been useful for carting stuff about but mainly just because I wanted one! However I've got another heap stored at my Dad's and he wants the space back, so I think I'm gonna have to sell this. I'd really prefer it to got to someone on here as I CBA with the type of *buyer this will no doubt attract elsewhere.

Lets get this straight from the start; this is not a minter. It's a bit scruffy, there are dings down both sides, it's had a blowover at some point which is far from bad but you'll see it if you start properly looking. However it's an honest example which hasn't been overly monged about with and you will have a job even finding another early one like this. I've spent all day cleaning it (it was HANGING!!!)  and it now looks pretty nice.

413451825.jpg

413451826.jpg

413451823.jpg

413451824.jpg

Rear arches are just starting with some small blisters (other side is similar)

413451829.jpg

Look! No SuperDraggerMushroomNitro induction kit! No wanky dump valve!

413451822.jpg

413451820.jpg

413451806.jpg

As you can see in that pic, the driver's seat has a sewn-up rip in it. The rear bench has a couple too, looks like it's been chewed by a dog or summat.

413451818.jpg

These trims want tidying up, as do the roof rails and the wiper arms

413451816.jpg

For the last 6 months I've promised myself I would bin that fucking horrible towbar, replace that 'looks like it's come off a 70s Datsun' foglight for something more suitable and put some proper import plates on it which would tidy up this rear end 1000%. Unfortunately I didn't do any but I'm tempted to make this a condition of sale!

413451808.jpg

Other things to note - it's fucking desperate for rear disks & pads, again this was something I was 'getting round to' as a result the brakes are less than stellar. When it's 1st started and when it's held on full lock the Power Steering belt squeals. I've adjusted it to no avail and it's a newish looking belt. I remember Dave telling me he replaced the ps pump with one from a breaker, don't know if that's related. The gearbox is a bit tired. It's fine in normal use and it's fine most of the time if you're being a lunatic, just don't rush a downchange into 3rd. Basically it's fine and you just drive around it.

Ok some good bits: Dave did the cambelt when he had it, it's had a service in the last year, I've put 4 new Toyo T1Rs on it which have probably done less than 500 miles, everything in it works. It's fitted with the ECU from a saloon (the JDM saloons had about 250bhp, the wagons had about 220bhp using a smaller turbo, so the saloon ECU gives it a bit more shove. I still have the original), it has pillarless doors which everyone should have at some point, it has a highly sophisticated japanese security system:

413451807.jpg

Reading this back I'm probably being a bit picky, it's a 22 year old car and considering that it's in pretty good nick.

I've priced it at £1700. I know that's not really shiter money but I doubt you'll find a better one cheaper, if you can find one at all. If I had somewhere to put it, I'd just keep it a few years and drag it back out when there are none left for maximum profitzzz but I don't, so I can't! Located in Lowton near Warrington. Don't all rush now!

• Heidel_Kakao, garethj, KruJoe and 6 others like this

#2 OFFLINE   Jazoli

Jazoli

• Full Members
  • 1,142 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationThe Lakes

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:03 PM

Ffs, I want this and have the cash, its local (ish) but I'm trying to be sensible, I remember the omgmpg on my old one, glwts
  • The Moog, billyboy406v6 and Hooli like this

sigs are shit, wgaf?

#3 OFFLINE   Christine

Christine

• Full Members
  • 2,171 posts
  • 4 thanks

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:25 PM

Mmmm Nardi  :-D

#4 ONLINE   Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

• Full Members
  • 4,666 posts
  • 11 thanks

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:16 AM

I had a saloon for a short while and they are great cars. The best bit on them though is the seats, I struggle over long distances for reasons I won't bore anyone with but I could any distance in mine without issue. Great cars.

#5 OFFLINE   martybabes

martybabes

• Full Members
  • 312 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationJust off the B4070

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

I have had both saloon and wagon JDM WRXs and they are definitely very quick motors. The mpg is OK if you're careful. The wagon is a great load lugger, and this example looks pretty tidy. GLWTS
  • J-T likes this
BMW 535 V8 - the daily driver
VW Touran - for the dog and grandchildren

#6 OFFLINE   Arthur Foxhake

Arthur Foxhake

• Full Members
  • 630 posts
  • 6 thanks

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:33 PM

I had a saloon for a short while and they are great cars. The best bit on them though is the seats, I struggle over long distances for reasons I won't bore anyone with but I could any distance in mine without issue. Great cars.

I had them welded into my Mk1 Pajero off roader.
They were so comfortable when just driving and held you in really well on pay and play days as well.
11/10 Would weld more into other cars.
  • Tamworthbay and Hooli like this

#7 ONLINE   Mr_Bo11ox

Mr_Bo11ox

• Full Members
  • 22,640 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • LocationUttoxeter/Derby

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:16 PM

That alarm sticker is worth £1600 on its own
  • J-T, AngusToledo, Lacquer Peel and 4 others like this

PIGEONZ NEST

CHECK OUT MY AWARD-WINNING SHITE-FIXING BLOG HERE

"THE 2.3 POWERTRAIN IS A SILENT IS AS A FISH, AND IT PULLS LIKE A GREAT"
"The engine has airbrushed skulls on it"

"Car shows are full of mentals talking tosh"

"I promised her I would waxoyl her Polo"

#8 ONLINE   PiperCub

PiperCub

• Full Members
  • 2,163 posts
  • 7 thanks
  • LocationLow & slow right over your head!

Posted 07 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

^^ You'll probably find the Kanji/Jap script doesn't say that at all - more like 'Your mother wears army boots, round-eye'. (Don't scoff - pro signwriters have been caught out like this before!).

• anonymous user, J-T and AngusToledo like this

#9 ONLINE   J-T

J-T

• Full Members
  • 211 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationWarrington

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

They were so comfortable when just driving and held you in really well on pay and play days as well.

Aye, they are comfy pews, hold you in place well too.

MPG - yeh it's not their strong point but they can be reasonable (27, 28ish) if you try and stay off the turbo. But you won't stay off the turbo! I reckon I get about 25mpg in normal driving, including the occasional boost indulgence.

#10 ONLINE   Dave_Q

Dave_Q

• Full Members
  • 3,665 posts
  • 21 thanks
  • LocationHuddersfield

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:55 PM

Hope this stays in the fold, I miss it muchly but have moved on.

Description seems fair, it's no minty creampuff but it's not a badly modified dog either.

Price also seems fair, not to mention the fact it's very difficult to find one without 18inch rimz and foot high Subaru logos on the side declaring the owners individuality.

GLWTS.

2002 Citroen Berlingo Multispace HDi

2001 Alfa 156 Rotwagon

Assorted 2 wheel shite, motor and pedal powered

#11 ONLINE   sporty-shite

sporty-shite

Knobjockey

• Full Members
  • 2,733 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationOver here

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:12 AM

I'd love to try one of these for a while, particularly in this spec (non-barried wagon). And it's only about five miles or so from SPORTY_TOWERS.

However, those are two reasons why I should buy it, which don't compare well to the 1700 reasons why I can't.

some potato headed fanny faced shitberg of a cunt in a silver hatchback

#12 ONLINE   Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

• Full Members
  • 4,666 posts
  • 11 thanks

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:06 AM

I'd love to try one of these for a while, particularly in this spec (non-barried wagon). And it's only about five miles or so from SPORTY_TOWERS.

However, those are two reasons why I should buy it, which don't compare well to the 1700 reasons why I can't.

Surely as soon as you have one reason that's enough, how could you regret buying such a gem?

#13 ONLINE   sporty-shite

sporty-shite

Knobjockey

• Full Members
  • 2,733 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationOver here

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

Surely as soon as you have one reason that's enough, how could you regret buying such a gem?

I wouldn't regret it, I just can't do it. Unless it's free!

some potato headed fanny faced shitberg of a cunt in a silver hatchback

#14 ONLINE   Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

• Full Members
  • 4,666 posts
  • 11 thanks

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

I wouldn't regret it, I just can't do it. Unless it's free!

Yeah, that's always a killer :-( I would have a big fleet if it wasn't the case.

#15 ONLINE   J-T

J-T

• Full Members
  • 211 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationWarrington

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

Right well I made a very poor effort to actually sell this (infact if you have read this far, you have discovered 100% of the effort made), so I carried on looning about in it. I'm now getting fairly regular moans about 'wanting my drive back' from fatha J-T so I think I need to try again.

Since last time, I've done the rear disks & pads so it now stops. I removed the towbar. I bought some import sized plates (and never fitted them).

I also remembered there is a rust bleb along the top of the screen about 2" across. Doesn't leak etc but it's there.

Anyone fancy it before I ebay it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: For Sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users