1995 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon, Price Slash!!

J-T

Oddly when I bought my Impreza it was between that and an S3 - just happened to find a decent Subaru first. What's felt like I bought the wrong car of the two.

No you bought the right car. The S3 is lovely.. it really is. Been mapped to 267bhp, and has a real quality feel to it. But it doesn't make you tingle in the same way as the Subaru. I haven't driven the S3 for 3 years!

When I met the Mrs she had a 57 plate Imprezza Spec D,for discreet.

It looked like a base level 1.8 with everything painted grey,even the huge Brembo calipers were grey

Thing had a Prodrive Performance Package fitted as standard,and she had a few upgrades done herself by the guys who run the Scooby tuning company who've just done Clarkson's Farmkhana

Jesus it was quick,finding grip just about anywhere and firing you between corners like nothing else on four wheels...

I drive a 2015 STi every day here. The first (and only) car I've ever bought new.

To buy it I traded a white 2005 blob eye STi and after driving that for five years and putting 80k miles on the clock I lost $5k. I really love that vintage and earlier.

The 2005 was such a part of me, that my wife said she had never seen someone buy a dream car (the 2015) and look so sad before!

This Monday, some sales guy from out of town rocked up in a Camero Enterprise type rental. Got stuck in our company parking lot with a tyre spinning.

I jumped in my Suby, drove over to him, opened the boot and grabbed a container of kitty litter. Poured it over the back wheels (which were moooosive and of the summer variety) some just in front of the wheels and dropped the container in the passenger side.

Told him to keep moving. As he drove away I noticed the 'Florida' license plate and was amazed that the rental car company even let something like that out.

Subaru for the win. This is my 5th WRX / STi.

As soon as they become import eligible into the US (25yrs from date of manufacture), just watch the prices sky rocket. There are a few early ones here, illegally brought in via Canada, but we didn't get the STi until the blob and only the WRX from the bug eye.

I still dream of making some sort of hyper wagon. :D

post-20944-0-25004400-1516330312_thumb.jpg

Out driving the 2005 unicorn on the lake. Sorry - loved that car!

Back to the for sale ad! Subaru - All We'll Drive!

I'm not going to be much help here bud - but I really wish I'd seen this before I splurged on the Lada and RS125! Bugger........ It is exactly what I'm after - load lugger 4x4 estate....... damnation... Haven't even picked up the bike or had the Lada dropped off and already want something else........

Breaking all known piggy banks open asap.

GLWS - bargain.

When I had this one it was on a classic policy with Footman James.

First year was £160, second was more like £400 but that's because I had one stolen.

Was that a classic multi car policy? If so, how did you get it? They never seem to want to give me one but I have the urge to buy lots of shite without committing to a years’ use.

The trick with Footman and the others is to nominate a main 'classic' and garage that.  Then add the others, stating they are on the driveway or behind gates as I does.  Agree to the curfew hours and don't go over the agreed combined mileage and it's workable.

Another issue with them is value.  e.g. say 'Rover 416 1994 value at £800' and computer says no. Same car, declared value at £1100 and computer then says yes.

If all goes to plan it should stay within the fold.

This pleases as I now have a reprieve on the worry of wanting to own this but cannot do right now due to 7 car syndrome

If the six month ownership pattern repeats, hurrah!

Bucket list, these

Was that a classic multi car policy? If so, how did you get it? They never seem to want to give me one but I have the urge to buy lots of shite without committing to a years’ use.

Not classic multicar, just normal classic.

Various people have mentioned that FJ have started being fussier about what they'll cover since then though.

Although I do reckon that this should be relatively easy to get on a classic policy somewhere - it's 22 years old after all.

• 2 weeks later...

I sold an absolute stormer of a Subaru about 7 years ago. Had it for two years, and it didn't get much use. Only managed to get £1,200 for it when I sold it, as the arse had fallen out of the market. I was the third owner, and it had a fully stamped dealer history. It was absolutely mint.. It was a standard UK spec car, which wasn't very desirable at the time either... everyone wanted an import..

I replaced it with an S3.

Undoubtedly the S3 was a better screwed together car, but the sube was a formidable machine. I miss it terribly. If I were to find one as good now, it would cost a hell of a lot.

I've still got the S3.

GLWS

It a shame the s3 has different wings to the standard A3 as I’ve a front wing in my garage in mint condition the same colour and I keep hitting my head on the thing so it would be free to a good home.

Looks bloody ace there!!

That's 'cos it is. Decided to make a weekend of the collection; loads of stuff going on in the background so I ended up seeing several mates, eventually kipping in a Travelodge then slowly heading back to Peebo and making a day of it via Rishworth and Saddleworth Moors. There was still snow on the hills so I had to the make the most of it. 

Filmed that Merc video for my mate yet? :)

That's 'cos it is. Decided to make a weekend of the collection; loads of stuff going on in the background so I ended up seeing several mates, eventually kipping in a Travelodge then slowly heading back to Peebo and making a day of it via Rishworth and Saddleworth Moors. There was still snow on the hills so I had to the make the most of it. 

Filmed that Merc video for my mate yet? :)

Nah, not yet I was working all sunday and in the week it's dark when I set out and dark when I get in. I'll keep plodding on with it and get it filmed when I can, thanks for that