Would I die in this?

Fabergé Greggs

I'm really really sorry to create a whole thread for this, but I really really want it, mainly because INTERIOR. Also 2 STROKE. 

The bodywork is made from highly combustible cardboard isn't it? The fuel tank is above the engine ready to explode. The brakes, according to legend, don't work. The heaters don't work at city speeds. 

WILL I DIE? DOES IT MATTER? WHAT IS LIFE? 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

WILL I DIE: Yes, one day.

DOES IT MATTER: Probably. A bit.

Is it really made of cardboard, or is that some Top Gear-esque spaff made up on Facebook? Not sure, can't be arsed to google it. Either way, you'd probably die if you crashed it properly. So the trick is to not to crash. Or not to drive at all.

Do what makes you happy. If driving a yellow car made out of cardboard by tankies is what will make you happy, go for it.

i can imagine that they are slow, miserable things that leave a blue cloud of clag in their wake.

it is something called duraplast that they are made of. a sort of unholy mix of fabric fibers and the resin used in glass fiber, though obvs. no glass fibers are used.

and this stuff is all but indestructible, like, H-bomb indestructible.

so for this site they are perfect.

what are you waiting for, GET IT BOUGHT!

If you like it, buy it otherwise it will become a regret further down the line.

I don't think you will die in it. Don't think they are any less safe than some other plastic bodied cars. Can't remember ever reading a tabloid headline saying 'Strange eccentric man dies in reliant kitten' or some such.

Get it bought!!

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY 

My Slovakian mate was in a crash in one when he was younger. Apparently the accident caused both front seats and occupants of front seats to fully recline. He hates them. But so do many other >40yr old Eastern Europeans.

No headrests could be dangerous and damaging on the neck though. Probably why I've seen a lot of of Trabbis with retrofitted headrests on the seats.

I love them and definitely want one.

I've been in one on a tour around Budapest.  It was brilliant, surprisingly comfortable, very loud and that particular one had a horn off a bus fitted to it.  As has already been said, the engine note is quite unique and they're so simple that an MOT test shouldn't present many worries, presumably you just belt various bits of it with a hammer until it passes.

Have you bought it yet?  I think I want one but I'm too cheap to pay what they're worth now.