2007 - Daihatsu Materia - SOLD

cort16

YO. As mentioned else where my Mrs wants a "normal" looking car what ever that means, which means selling the Daihatsu.

There's not than many of these around really. It sold in other places as the Toyota BB.

It has a 1.5 16v pez engine and 5 speed manual box. It's quite nippy but revs it's plums off at higher speeds as seems to be the case with a lot of Japanese stuff.

It's got an mot until May 2018. There's a few advisories on the mot including some corrosion but  it's not bad really.

We've had it about 18 months and not done much/ anything to it. It's probably done about  5000 miles if that since we've had it. 

It has some service history when we bought i but guy refused to give me all the receipts incase I used his details to get a credit card in his name and buy 40,000 rolls of toilet paper on amazon, which is annoying.

Inside it has elecy windows, mirrors and stuff. Sliding rear seats and does the folding flat into a bed thing.

Long mot

Decent on fuel.

Good body wise

Two keys

Not many owners

105 is thousand miles

Lots of space inside. Ideal for top hat wearers

Has an annoying squeak, which is a worn gear linkage mount

Will need a tyre soon

Alloys have some marks

Has a dunt in the door due to some trolly wanker. I recon a paintless dent guy could get it out.

Aircon doesn't work

Clean and tidy inside

We've not actually found a new car yet so if you're interested there's plenty time.

£1200

Now 1000 pounds

We're in Ayrshire Scotland.

post-1514-0-94610900-1499112453_thumb.jpg

Interior looks like the back of an R34 GT-R

materia_innen_01.jpg

Mmm comfy

1326523005-daihatsu-materia-13-12618.jpg

Be as cool this guy

Der-Innenraum-des-Materia-laesst-sich-in

It is we've truly not had one day of bother from it. It's decent on fuel, Lots of space inside and quite nippy. It had an annoying squeak from a gear box linkage mount I've not bothered to fix and it looks a bit funny , which is the main reason for sale .

We had an Audi a2 previously that we had to sell when she discovered mushrooms growing on the door cards.

I think it was dome who suggested listing as a classified advert, which is good advice. You can't get people pressing the buy it now button the actually need to turn up to buy the car. I had someone from Spain who wanted to drive it 3000km home.

Rather than him hitting the bin button then having to figure it out I just said I didn't really want to sell it to him as it's not worth the hassle. 

Cheers Rusty Sills, price edited.

I think it's the same thing unfortunately. People think wtf is that and are put off. There are a few around here but mainly because this is a small town and the only main dealer was Daihatsu so everyone  bought them.

I wasn't going to bother as it's one of those usual "I would but" posts but I really like it. It looks like it would be easy to get a bike in the back, modern enough so as not to offend the boss indoors but funky and oddball enough to appeal to me. I'd probably go full Giffer and want an auto, despite painful slows.

But I am skint, I have a Fiesta that simply refuses to die and I am all the way down in Kent.