Oh no, you could write the script....

Mr_Bo11ox

I nearly bought one of these in '93 or thereabouts. A C plate, 33 4x4 Spurtwagen with 30k miles on.Then I drove it. What a fucking awful piece of shit. It didn't seem to have any additional faults other than the ones it was built with, but it was up there in the realms of truly bloody 'orrible. Not enjoyably 'orrible, just fucking awful, mind-bogglingly, bull-buggeringly, knee-to-the-knackers bad. Not even something to drive 'ironically' - like a Princess or Marina. The understeer was epic, the brakes were snatchy and over-servoed but still shit, the gearchange was absolutely diabolical, the engine sounded great but was blatantly fighting against too much weight and a whole universe of drivetrain friction, the driving position was for apes with back problems, the pedals were best operated with toothpicks, and the steering wasn't that good.I was going to take it in p/x against a shite old Onion 1.6i Ghia that I really disliked (It was D reg, dissolving rapidly and I'd already had to replace the big end shells in it) which I was asking £700 for. Two lads turned up from Sheffield in the Alfa offering the 33 and £400 for the Onion. I couldn't bring myself to do the deal, the 33 was that bad I knew I'd end up stuck with the fucking thing for at least a year whereas the Onion would always sell at some point.I think you've been inordinately lucky managing to avoid the 33.P.S. I love Alfas, but the 33 4x4 is even worse than the 'normal' 33, and that's a hard trick to pull off.

Best avoided-sounds like you had a narrow escape :lol: Enjoy what you allready have with the Landcrab/alpine/ital (did it sell?). You have work to do allready did you really want more?

Any more news on this then.. or is it case closed : car gone?I think you did the right thing, sometimes things are just too far gone. There will be another one out there, if not here then abroad.

• 2 weeks later...